• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ATI graphics card is so loud!

V F

V F

Soldato
As already mentioned I'd strip it down and clean any dust out as it's obviously an old card and it's likely the heatsink is full of dust. Even if you don't want to strip the card down cleaning it with a can of pressurised air and a hoover nozzle will do the job. I usually use a hoover nozzle (with the hoover on) and a clean paintbrush to clean my PC. A few years of dust can really clog a PC up.

It should be a monthly thing to be honest. That way your PC looks like the day it was built. Always.

Associate
I've cleaned inside mine three times in 8 years, never been much dust when I've done it though. That said, it's raised off the floor with filters on so maybe that's why (and I do clean the filters frequently)

Permabanned
It should be a monthly thing to be honest. That way your PC looks like the day it was built. Always.

That'd be the best way to keep it 'as new' and performing optimally. I try to avoid dust getting in with filters and I give it a regular brush dust while I have the hoover out as well.

I've cleaned inside mine three times in 8 years, never been much dust when I've done it though. That said, it's raised off the floor with filters on so maybe that's why (and I do clean the filters frequently)

My new build is also raised off the floor, For my last build I bought a set of those DCMi magnetic filters which did a pretty good job of minimising what got in, I think having negative air pressure is the biggest dust offender so ensuring you have a positive air pressure is important, I think a lot of cheap prebuilt PC's only have an exhaust fan, My last one was like that and when I finally got around to looking inside it was caked in dust.

Soldato
OP
Dammit! It has reverted back to the loud whurr, maybe this is the time to upgrade it!! Stupid Furmark lol

Any recommendations on what to get as an upgrade? I play a lot of games so something fairly decent, budget around £300

Back
Top Bottom