Winter 2017/2018 - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Soldato
Some excellent drivers out today
1 series silly ***** that followed me at closer than dry weather following distance so I let her pass with her wheelspinning etc etc, then she binned it into a curb just outside my house and is still there
I ain't helping her the silly cow

Plenty of nice close tailgaters so I just let them pass
Nissan Joke driver almost went into the side of me coming out the side street because he doesn't realise there is SNOW so he can't just full throttle everywhere. ****.

Heaviest snow I think I have seen ever in Leicester though, a good 3-4 inches

Associate
We were supposed to be one of the hardest hit areas yet I doubt there's even a single cm on the ground. As with all British weather this is once again underwhelming.

Soldato
Associate
Got almost 4 inches on the ground here in semi-rural Oxfordshire. Doubt I'll be in tomorrow as it'll no doubt get icy overnight and it's still coming down quite heavily.
Is that snow or rain in Oxfordshire? It's raining a lot in reading and melting all the snow. Driving back home to rural Oxfordshire later tonight and work near Oxford. Hoping we don't have roads covered with ice.

Associate
Permabanned
Is that snow or rain in Oxfordshire? It's raining a lot in reading and melting all the snow. Driving back home to rural Oxfordshire later tonight and work near Oxford. Hoping we don't have roads covered with ice.
It's very thick snow, still snowing, and forecast to continue snowing all day, all the roads are either shut or full of broken down and/or abandoned cars.

Soldato
Some excellent drivers out today
1 series silly ***** that followed me at closer than dry weather following distance so I let her pass with her wheelspinning etc etc, then she binned it into a curb just outside my house and is still there
I ain't helping her the silly cow

Plenty of nice close tailgaters so I just let them pass
Nissan Joke driver almost went into the side of me coming out the side street because he doesn't realise there is SNOW so he can't just full throttle everywhere. ****.

Heaviest snow I think I have seen ever in Leicester though, a good 3-4 inches

Honestly I do believe the amount of bad driving has gotten worse over the years, I see dangerous and poor driving almost everyday I go to work now. There is some serious silly ***** on the road's.

Man of Honour
Tried clearing the car and drive. Too much snow to put it anywhere and it is covering the car as quickly as I can clear it! A sloped drive is not ideal either! Will be snowed in for a couple of days I reckon.

You can tell it's snowing down south because it's the main headline on the BBC news website.

Well to be fair it is actually news, it doesn't happen like this often!

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
Supposed to be driving from Birmingham to Sheffield tomorrow, motorway should be fine, it’s all the small side roads I need to drive through first.

Soldato
Supposed to be driving from Birmingham to Sheffield tomorrow, motorway should be fine, it’s all the small side roads I need to drive through first.
I'm doing Birmingham to Sussex, and like you it'll just be the side roads. The M40 was being gritted on Friday night on my way here so imagine I'll be alright for the most part...

Soldato
I'm doing Birmingham to Sussex, and like you it'll just be the side roads. The M40 was being gritted on Friday night on my way here so imagine I'll be alright for the most part...

It should be fun, I actually thought about buying a 4x4 for this weather as to get to my house, you need to go up a steep hill and it’s only the 4x4 cars that can get to the top. :p

Soldato
Our weather can't make its mind up. We was forecast snow between 4PM and 6PM for today when I checked yesterday. Today it was changed to 9AM until 12AM with 11AM being 90% snow. It has been very mild, nothing sticking to the ground. The weather report has changed at least 3 times over the last day and so far it's very poor. The annoying thing is, since this morning the sky has looked full of the stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom