AOC Q3279VWF - FreeSync,VA,qHD 31.5 inch monitor for £249! (ONLY £199 AT OcUK FOR BLACK FRIDAY)!!

Associate
Its replacing a very old NEC 24WGMX3 as a work laptop screen so I can't comment on ghosting, FPS or any of the clever features as the lappy is using onboard intel graphics. I'm getting the extra resolution - more screen real-estate as a code monkey which is what I wanted it for.
£200 well spent. I'm a happy bunny.
You're in the same situation as myself really, I'm using a perfectly good 24 inch LG screen (although it is 3 years old) hooked up to a laptop for development/productivity and switching every hour on whether to get this or not. I've never really been annoyed at the screen real estate my current setup gives me but then maybe I don't know what I'm missing. Mind if I reach out to you when you've used it for a few more days to see how you're feeling then?

Soldato
You're in the same situation as myself really, I'm using a perfectly good 24 inch LG screen (although it is 3 years old) hooked up to a laptop for development/productivity and switching every hour on whether to get this or not. I've never really been annoyed at the screen real estate my current setup gives me but then maybe I don't know what I'm missing. Mind if I reach out to you when you've used it for a few more days to see how you're feeling then?

No problem at all. I have trust enabled so you should be able to PM me. More is always better though: I have colleagues who use 3 monitors when in the office !

Associate
Placed an order for one tonight as well.

Will be a good upgrade from my 1080p, 60Hz Asus monitor. The 75 Hz for Nvidia cards really sealed the deal. Going to be a long 2 or 3 days. Hopefully there are no dead/stuck pixels!

Associate
After a few days use the only criticism i have of this monitor is some ghosting during gaming.

I am going to try plugging in my old monitor tonight and comparing

Soldato
After a few days use the only criticism i have of this monitor is some ghosting during gaming.

I am going to try plugging in my old monitor tonight and comparing

Since mine is going to be for light gaming (mainly RTS games that I can't play from my racing rig) I'm ok with this! Mine has arrived at work and will be setting it up tomorrow evening!

Associate
Definitely recommend the OSD tweaks and the monitor profile from that review posted a page or so ago - really improves things.
Totally Agree!
Yes, the using the optimised OSD settings and the ICC monitor profile provided by that review, brings the best out of this Monitor.

Review
https://pcmonitors.info/reviews/aoc-q3279vwf/

Just look for the sections and apply those settings
Optimal OSD Settings
&
Test Settings (ICC profile)

Permabanned
Mine was out for delivery today even though I postponed it until Thursday when I'll actually be in!!! Rearranged it again so hoping they don't try to deliver it today.

Man of Honour
Monitor is here. After an hour on Destiny 2 and Battlefront 2, I love it. It's an incredible monitor for the money, there is ghosting in very dark scenes but that isn't a dealbreaker for me and I barely notice it

Associate
Just got mine set up, wow is big. Good for multitasking though, can fit browser on one half and all websites still look normal size.

Depth and colours look great after using the settings and ICC profile from PCMonitors.info linked earlier too.

There is a little ghosting, but that's to be expected from a VA. It's much better than the VA's of old and good enough for me and the contrast can't be beaten by any other type of LCD technology.

Associate
I'm going from a 27" 1440p IPS monitor but its an old PCBANK Korean one from years ago if anyone remembers that thread :) Can't believe it has lasted me this long for what was buttons at the time. The power supply is dodgy as though!

Hoping this is a similar story, budget monitor but half decent at most things will do me nicely. I'm hoping for £200 it's a bargain if you aren't expecting a world beater. Let's be honest, if it's half decent it's a steal given it's 1440p 31.5" VA and has freesync! I can take the odd down side given the price.

Will update once delivered tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom