Forza Motorsport 7

Associate
This cheap anywhere yet on cyber week.

I wouldn't mind picking it up,but from mixed reviews I don't really want to be paying anywhere near launch price. Its clearly not worth more than £25

It anywhere for around that figure yet ?

FM7 dont have more problems than any other game,and its really worth more than 25,SP is really good and tons of content,all T10 need to do is fix MP,but that will come with leagues soon.
Im around 140h in FM7 and i still have 60-70% SP left.
Oh,and in 4K game looks simply crazy

Soldato
I'd say the game was worth the discount price with the amount of content you get. It also runs well and is pretty enjoyable. However, I had to use DS4Windows to make my DS4 v2 work and the drivatard AI is among the most retarded in racing games. I wouldn't buy it at normal price nor get the Ultimate, the pricing is ridiculous and there were so many problems with H3 that I feel they don't deserve such money.

Overall, I totally didn't expect it but I'm slightly more impressed with GT Sport. There's a lot less content but everything feels more "professional" and sleek. Not as flashy as Forza but the driving feels great and very natural once you adjust the chase cam and turn all assists off. The cars look even better and replays are out of this world. The AI is much better as well. It can't compete with Forza in content but the game is already getting expanded for free so I hope it'll get even better in the upcoming months. It desperately needs weather options, though. And more circuits (they promised they'll come).

Associate
:confused: How is it, 'clearly not worth more than £25'?

Ive played 54 hours and still thoroughly enjoying it.

Maybe that was a bit strongly worded, but in my defence. From the reviews I've seen the Ai's bad really bad. Online is just carnage, and playing on a wheel is meh. Which in the long run doesn't bother me, I've been after a good racing game that I can chill on the sofa and play without having to buy a console for Grand Turismo or Forza. I'm a sim racer really so was hoping this would have a solid single player and half decent online community, for something a bit different.

From what I've read it has neither and it as those dam "LOOT BOXES" embedded into the games core. If they fix the AI maybe the game would be worth more than £25, but I payed less than that For Assetto Corsa and that is a thing of beauty on the wheel with a decent online community. Since buying the game I've also purchased all DLC to support the game. 80% of the cars Ill more than likely never even drive. But to me Kudos have done a grand job and fully deserve more than the price I payed for the game.

There are much better racing games out there for much less than the £49.99 it's priced on the windows store. The windows store has the Xbox one version for £29.99 thats about the max id pay for a shell of a simcade game that's lots a bit of its soul.

Permabanned
I spent more time taking and editing photos in this game than anything else, I love it.

O1D3W.png

GYlWj.png

Soldato
Photo mode looks stunning. Now that the dust has settled from the VIP nonsense etc. at launch, is this game still worth picking up? I love Forza mostly for the variety of cars I can just jump in and drive. I've got an i5-4690K OCd and a GTX970 and I can run the demo at reasonable settings at 60fps.

Permabanned
Photo mode looks stunning. Now that the dust has settled from the VIP nonsense etc. at launch, is this game still worth picking up? I love Forza mostly for the variety of cars I can just jump in and drive. I've got an i5-4690K OCd and a GTX970 and I can run the demo at reasonable settings at 60fps.

There are still memory leak issues on PC along with performance, crashing and stuttering issues. Multiplayer can be a pain in the ass too. If you want to just jump in a variety of cars and drive and not care about other things in the game then go for it, that's what I mainly and take photos as above.

ADT

ADT

Associate
Is anyone playing this using steam link?

I really want to get this but I would like to play it on my tv using a 360 controller streamed using steam link.

If possible, how can I get it to work?

Permabanned

ADT

ADT

Associate
https://www.reddit.com/r/UWPHook/

This is the instructions for Forza Horizon 3 but it will work for the Forza 7 as well:

https://www.reddit.com/r/forza/comments/54r4xp/adding_forza_horizon_3_to_steam/

I followed this guide for forza 6 and the game ran really badly. Resolution was stuck at 1680x1050 and it wouldn’t change to anything else.

Might bite the bullet if the price comes down a little. Don’t want to spend ~£50 to find out that it won’t run as it’s supposed to do

Soldato
I haven't played any sort of racing game since Forza 2&3 and recently had an urge to rectify that. I must say, apart from obvious graphical and FPS improvements, that I'm not entirely convinced it's much of an improvement on either of those previous installments... I miss chasing times while hot lapping and the lack of dedicated hoppers for classes like D,C and B makes me a little sad, but I guess times have changed.

Still it's kinda fun to get back in the swing of things, but having to reset all that windows/xbox bloatware and/or uninstall DLC every now and again in order to get the blasted thing to even start up, is becoming very tedious.

Soldato
The distance LOD on the AI cars when racing is horrendous, even when playing everything at Ultra with 200% res scale. It seems very aggressive, one minute its rendering the AI car fine then half the car goes missing when it's not all that far out in front of you.

Back
Top Bottom