• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RX VEGA AIB Cards Information Needed?

Soldato
I'm really shocked there's no Vega available to buy. How can this happen to AMD? How can they not know the state of play with their AIB partners? And at Christmas of all times of the year? It doesn't matter how great your graphics cards are if there are none out there to buy.

Nvidia must be splitting their sides with laughter that their competition hasn't even turned up to the fight. Get your act together AMD.

Associate
Amd must be selling shed loads of Vega’s to be priced so high and never any stock :D

They must be going for the whole "exclusivity" approach. I wouldn't be surprised if they started selling them with a two digit engraving of the card number on the side. So you know you card is card "#21" or whatever. And a little signature of the factory worker who put it together. :D

Soldato
I'm really shocked there's no Vega available to buy. How can this happen to AMD? How can they not know the state of play with their AIB partners? And at Christmas of all times of the year? It doesn't matter how great your graphics cards are if there are none out there to buy.

Nvidia must be splitting their sides with laughter that their competition hasn't even turned up to the fight. Get your act together AMD.

Given how well Vegas gone so far are you genuinely surprised!

Associate
Sapphire are teasing their Nitro+ Vega 64 :cool:

e93e0f91-cac5-4975-ad33-d9f2958b591b.jpg

It has 3 x 8pin power, although only two required for normal usage, with number 3 for extreme overclocking :o

Associate
Cards are out with some tech sites already so I very much doubt 2019...

Going by @SAPPHIRE_Adrian cards are imminent ;)

Read my last few posts and you'll see the pictures I put up of my conversations with customer support of a few different retailers. Vega 64 AIB cards aren't out till at least January now. (They were supposed to be out in September ;) )

Associate
Read my last few posts and you'll see the pictures I put up of my conversations with customer support of a few different retailers. Vega 64 AIB cards aren't out till at least January now. (They were supposed to be out in September ;) )

Last time I checked the calendar, the next January on there is 2018 though. I know there have been numerous delays but I'm pretty sure January 2019 is a seriously pessimistic view :D

Associate
Last time I checked the calendar, the next January on there is 2018 though. I know there have been numerous delays but I'm pretty sure January 2019 is a seriously pessimistic view :D

Which is why I made a joke about it coming out in 2019 :D

If you watch Gamers Nexus's video on the AIB cards you'll see that ASUS doesn't even have a working BIOS for their card yet. 2019 may be a bit pessimistic but at the rate these cards are developing I'd say even January 2018 is an optimistic timeframe. I wouldn't be surprised if they were released later in Q1 2018

Soldato
MASSIVE LOL at all Vega 56 AIB cards price £548.99-559.99 and all Vega 64 AIB cards price £649.99-659.99. :eek: :o

Man you can buy brand new GTX 1080 for less than £500 or second hand GTX 1080 for less than £400 or a brand new GTX 1080 Ti for £649.99 or second hand 1080 Ti for £500. The second hand value will drop further when Ampere launch in March 2018.

Soldato
They must be going for the whole "exclusivity" approach. I wouldn't be surprised if they started selling them with a two digit engraving of the card number on the side. So you know you card is card "#21" or whatever. And a little signature of the factory worker who put it together. :D

I’ll have the one engraved Lisa Su, every little helps ;)

Soldato
Lol at the MSI "RADEON RX VEGA 56 AIR BOOST" £560 for a reference card with a cheaper shroud on the heatsink (and possibly no vapour chamber if this mirrors their cheapo Nvidia blowers).

wow AMD has lost the plot , the vega56 costing more than the gtx1080 I just got instead cause of the high prices
Blame miners not AMD, retailers will charge what they know people will pay.

Back
Top Bottom