• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Titan V announced £2700 15TF 12nm Volta

Soldato
I get the feeling that pipeline and queue depth are configured for optimal compute workloads which might mean the card is waiting longer sometimes (to batch tasks, etc.) than a gaming focused card normally would resulting in inconsistent frametimes, etc. not sure how much software (i.e. driver updates) have an impact on that or whether there is always going to be some intrinsic implications in that respect hardware wise.

Not sure on that, but the Async compute performance is insane. This will be the new meta for showing the price tag is worth it lol.
https://www.3dmark.com/compare/spy/2920134/spy/2920319

Man of Honour
It's the Async Compute performance, Kaap. It craps all over Pascal.

Nothing I play uses this, though LOL. Told you, new meta for 'showing off the guns' :D

Here is another, not quite as good but first run on Heaven 4 using the same clocks as above.

KYiFVDU.jpg

I know for gaming these cards are a total waste of money but I wanted to have a look at a Volta card from an enthusiasts pov.:)

Soldato
There's no denying it's a beast. Seems to be a few issues with pacing they need to sort. Honestly, I'm still kind of tempted but it's just stupid money and it feels like tempting fate for what we can expect in the future from how the SKUs are tiered.

Man of Honour
The interposer is blocked out with resin where the IC's don't sit if that is what you mean.

EDIT: Oh I see what you mean - I think it is just support structure though:

vlgAgQl.png

Close up it isn't continuous with the main die.

It is interesting that unlike AMD in this case nVidia have masked the sensitive stuff.

Last edited:
Soldato
The interposer is blocked out with resin where the IC's don't sit if that is what you mean.

EDIT: Oh I see what you mean - I think it is just support structure though:

vlgAgQl.png

Close up it isn't continuous with the main die

You are properly right, My first though was "is that 4x1024bit memory controller so its as close to each of the HBM stacks as possible

Man of Honour
Yeah I'm not sure what that is - unless nVidia have gone off main die with something - it shouldn't be required for interfacing (as that is routed via the interposer) - possibly its related to power delivery or just dummy stuff for structural support purposes as they seem to have tried to package the whole thing up for durability.

Soldato
Yeah I'm not sure what that is - unless nVidia have gone off main die with something - it shouldn't be required for interfacing (as that is routed via the interposer) - possibly its related to power delivery or just dummy stuff for structural support purposes as they seem to have tried to package the whole thing up for durability.

Time to fire off a email to them me thinks!

Soldato
Here is another, not quite as good but first run on Heaven 4 using the same clocks as above.

KYiFVDU.jpg

I know for gaming these cards are a total waste of money but I wanted to have a look at a Volta card from an enthusiasts pov.:)

Would love to see comparisons of this vs Titan xp.

Soldato
Nvidia's Volta-based Titan V is a six-month-old graphics card at launch

The new Nvidia Titan V seems to have been secreted away in a wooden crate in some dusty Nvidian warehouse for the past six months, probably still being prodded by top men. Top… men. The first picture of it actually appeared in May of this year after an enterprising intern sold his chance of a continuing career with the green team for a few internet man points.

Jen-Hsun caught us unawares last week with the unveiling and immediate launch of the Nvidia Titan V. He announced it at the unfortunately acronymed NIPS conference, offering us all the chance to get the new Nvidia Voltaarchitecture into our desktop PCs… should we be able to stump up the necessary $3,000.

But even though its December launch was a seemingly well-kept secret it’s not the first time we’ve seen this card. The Titan V was photographed by a certain Mike Tsai while apparently interning at Nvidia Thailand, and it was subsequently shared on Facebook by one of his buddies. They might not be buddies any more.

When we first saw that picture we were chugging back fistfuls of salt, unable to believe that a mere intern could have got hands on with a desktop version of Volta. And been allowed to live. With its NVLink connectors on the top it looks every inch like a Quadro GPU with a funky bronzey/gold shroud, so it couldn’t really be a Volta-based Titan, could it?

The rest of the article found here:

https://www.pcgamesn.com/nvidia-titan-v-volta-six-months-old?amp

Back
Top Bottom