Chinese high climbing daredevil loses his grip.

Caporegime
Now Darwin award aside, yes a man died, but, huge but, what a total moron.

Eversince these gopro idiots started sharing their death defying, sometimes, feats I've strangely wanted one to fall off. I doubt I'm alone with this sick and twisted fantasy.

I just wish it was a Russian if I'm totally honest.

I won't link to the video, the UK mainstream media has it up, it's not particularly grizzly, just a guy losing his grip and falling 40 stories to I guess an appointment with the tarmac. It all happened off camera except the first 3m or so of "whoops"

I'm petrified of heights. I don't know if that is why some part of me feels justified, reassuring me that yes they are indeed dangerous and not to be messed with.

So am I alone or does anyone else like seeing people spectacularly fail?

Caporegime
There's a special breed of people that will always chase the adrenaline rush, some just take to more extreme measures.

I've watched the video and felt quite sorry for him when it was clear he couldn't pull himself back up, not sure what you have against Russians either.

Soldato
So am I alone or does anyone else like seeing people spectacularly fail?

I wouldn't include people falling to their death or anything like that on my list of 'things i enjoy watching'

Yeah it is stupid for the guy to climb stuff without safety equipment but he didn't wish his fate upon himself.

Steve Irwin put himself at risk with animals and it eventually killed him.

Plenty of motorsport drivers have crashed doing their high risk job, as well as pro-surfers who manage to let the sea get the best of them.

Really, climbing stuff with no safety harness for enjoyment and public attention is little different and i can't imagine hoping for any of the above to fail and die.

Man of Honour
Enjoys watching people fail and die, with an afterthought of 'if only they were russian'

Nope, no issues there!

I suspect its because the attitude typical with the Russians who do this stuff on camera who make up a good percentage that do it rather than tagging in some hatred of Russians particularly.

Caporegime
I’m amazed this doesnt happen more often. The amount of vids floating about on the Internet with people doing that free running stuff across narrow ledges on top of buildings and things is crazy. One slip and you’re puréed. I actually think these idiots are being very cruel to their family and friends.

Associate
Could this be classed as schadenfreude?

Enjoying the suffering of another, but in this instance the Chinese guy involved is a complete unknown.

I don't understand the problem with Russians. They're like any other human being and if people actually tried to get along they'd all find that out pretty quickly.

Caporegime
Lolgravity.

No sympathy. I wouldn't wish death upon anyone, but if someone does something like this, they know full well what the consequences are before they begin.

Caporegime
Idiot for doing pull ups, but I don't see anything wrong with getting your adrenaline fix. Makes you feel utterly alive (until you fall obviously).

Back
Top Bottom