PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS

Soldato
Not liking the pace that you’re forced into the tiny circle. Would much prefer longer more drawn out matches. As soon as the circle shrinks to the late stages, it’s literally pot luck who sees who first (usually in the middle of an empty field).

Soldato
Not liking the pace that you’re forced into the tiny circle. Would much prefer longer more drawn out matches. As soon as the circle shrinks to the late stages, it’s literally pot luck who sees who first (usually in the middle of an empty field).
Agreed, coming from playing Fortnite where the circle speed/map size/timing all feels really well balanced to push you forward, this needs tweaking a bit on PUBG.

This was a rushed release to get it out this year and before Christmas….that’s all. I expect issues with preview games but they shouldn’t be unplayable, certainly not one as big as this.
After last night, I'm inclined to agree that this is more unplayable than playable now. All 4 of our squad sequentially crashed out about 15m in to a match. Saying that, I had a really good game before kills-wise..

Soldato
Word on the street is disabling game DVR/captures will result in a more stable FPS.

Settings > Prefs > Broadcast and Captures > turn allow off.

Of course you can't record any of your Chicken Dinners then but it should be better to play.

Soldato
Played a few games last night, aiming is a struggle after playing so many hours of it on PC. To make matters worse it won't let me change the sensitivity sliders. Had 1 crash and 1 game where textures took an age to snap in, walked into a marshmallow warehouse lol. Items seem to take a while to pop in too sometimes. Still, early access and it is definitely playable.

Soldato
Tried, can’t say notice any difference (Sporpio)

That's a shame I'll try it when I'm back from work.

I know one of my friends has tried it and said it made a difference for him but he is on the base spec Xbox One so it might be a case of that the X/Scorpio already has the power to make this difference up.

Soldato
Nice! Had my first squad chicken dinner last night with Soulja, my son and one of his friends. Annoyed I died towards the end but it was still good to watch them get it :)

Caporegime
So I played this for the first time last night for a few hours. I forgot to switch my TV mode from Standard HDR to Game HDR, so for the first hour the game felt incredibly laggy, but once remember to switch it, it was better but the framerate was still pretty bad at points. Reminded me of playing Perfect Dark on the N64!

Guns are easy to come by as are body armour and backpacks. I still need to get to grips with the controls as looting and changing gun mods seems to make you very vulnerable and I only had one successful grenade throw (and wasn't sure if you could cycle through which grenade you have equipped very easily)

But anyway, solo seems a bit of a joyless affair really. Loot a building, occasionally kill someone, get killed...Closest I got to the end was top 30. I'm sure it's more fun as a pair or a foursome.

Is there actually any point to BP's? Or are they just used in matchmaking?

Last edited:
Soldato
It runs like crap and looks bad... but its such a fun game so intense at times. Can't wait to see it run smoother and look better.

Last edited:
Soldato
This aint ever going to run smooth and look better, to ambitious, massive map with 100 players, in 5 to 10 years we might get there.

It can be done - Joint Operations on PC had 100+ players on a single large (for the time) map nearly 15 years ago - but I do get the impression this developer is completely out of their depth.

Back
Top Bottom