Find A Game To Play - Website

Soldato
Over the past few months I've been gradually learning php and MySQL. It struck me that it might be useful to have a database of all the games I own that I can search based on how many people are there and how long we want the game to last.

There's a very good chance a site for this exists, but I decided instead of looking for it, I would make my own -

http://boardgames.androidandy.uk/

Although it's actually taken a few weeks, it's just been a few hours here and there and I think it's now functional. You login using a Google Login and can then add games already in the database to your collection, or you can add new games. (I'll try and add more of my own later today)

At present it literally is just to search out a game, but it wouldn't be too hard to add more things like ratings or logging when you play games.

Let me know what you think. Is it any use? If not, what would need adding to make it any use to you?

Of course, also please let me know if you find any bugs. I've not done huge amounts of testing at this point.

Thanks!

Soldato
OP
Yeah, I have an account there and log my plays on it, I've never looked for it to be able to narrow down what I can play by criteria.

As you say, it was mainly to see if I could do it :) I just wondered if it would be helpful to anyone, so posted it :)

**EDIT** I have to say, it's not very obvious how I would do this on BGG? I tend to find it quite an un-tidy site, writtin maybe 15 years ago and not updated :(

Back
Top Bottom