• iPhone 8 Plus 64Gb

Votes: 31 12.9%
  • iPhone 8 Plus 256Gb

Votes: 18 7.5%
  • No, I won't be buying it

Votes: 150 62.2%

• Total voters
Soldato
Other half had the random reboot "glitch" this morning... just randomly started happening when she used her phone this morning - was a right pain to do anything as it happened every 20 seconds or so. Update to 11.2 seemed to have fixed it though so fingers crossed.

Soldato
quick review from me on the 8 plus.

best iphone I have owned, cpu is incredible, camera quality jaw-dropping. battery not as good as expected but still good. sad that no 128GB is available, don't appreciate the rip. Quick charger being not included is also a bit of a rip tbh (as is the fact you need a special cable).

wireless charging unit useful for bedroom and work desk. plugging cable into charge it seems primitive now. can't wait to see them put this CPU into an ipad it will be something to behold.

finally, the 3rd party kevlar case is worth every penny.

Associate
Anyone having problems with their screen when they use the camera? My screen stays black. But I can still take a photo and see it on the bottom left of the screen, but I actually can’t see what I am shooting (hope it makes sense)
I had this problem when I first got the phone, a power cycle seemed to clear it and it's not come back.

Soldato
Anyone else had a fairly loud noticeable “pop” when occasionally using the home button / haptic feedback motor ?

I’ve had it happen a couple of times now but it’s hard to pinpoint when it will do it next. :/

Caporegime
I love the camera in mine and would like to try a bit more photography with it. Is there any type of case I can get that makes it more like a normal camera to hold? I find it a bit insecure to hold it normally while snapping away.

Soldato
On my second iPhone 8 Plus now after reverting to my old 6S Plus for a while (which iOS 11.2 subsequently killed) and I have the same issue I had with the first iPhone 8, which is crackling and popping sound when using the phone, using apps with higher pitched sound effects, and when using say, a music app and then using the keyboard to write a text whilst listening.
It's really not pleasant. Apple Genius Bar is useless, state it's software, and naturally, it's not picked up in any release as Apple insist it was fixed with a previous iOS release :(

Soldato
After being adamant I wouldn't upgrade from my 7+ I've had to give in and get an 8+ due to the offspring's phone failing. I just don't fancy the X.

Definitely an incremental change from the 7. I prefer the body of the 7, as the 8 is a big chunkier and I'd rather not have the all-glass approach. There's definitely more power, and the screen feels a little better too. The biggest update for me is the camera - noticeably better quality than the 7. Battery life seems on a par, maybe a little worse? There's not much in it.

I got an as-new refurb from the Bay for £710. I wouldn't feel too bad paying full price if I was upgrading from a 6 or 6S, but from a 7 it really isn't worth the cost.

Soldato
Anybody else have an issue with the volume on their phone?

Sometimes the message tone is really loud - Temporarily solved by a reboot.

Sometimes the email and notification sounds are really quiet - Tempoarily solved by a reboot.

Soldato
Well after a few months of it working flawlessly, my Iphone 8 is getting more and more buggy.

Currently when i use bluetooth during calls, i can hear the other person fine but they say that i sound weird, almost like a robot. I've tried rebooting but nothing fixed.

Mobster
Soldato
Loving my iPhone 8, just a shame the performance issues seem to be down to iOS 11 and not my iPhone SE like I thought. Hopefully iOS 12 resolves the issues.

Still, the speakers are in a different league, my SE sounds like it is under water in comparison.

The other thing I'd forgotten, is this will probably be the last iPhone with a physical home button and thus Touch ID. I really don't want to lose this so will keep this phone as long as possible I think!

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

iPhone SE geekbench:
2373 Single-Core Score
4096 Multi-Core Score

iPhone 8 geekbench:
4217 Single-Core Score
10128 Multi-Core Score

I sure hope you are noticing some improvement in performance!!

Back
Top Bottom