Help setting up Broadband Quality Monitor

Stu

Stu

Soldato
I'm on Sky ADSL and I'm trying to setup a Broadband Quality Monitor on ThinkBroadband, but the graphs are coming back all red. I don't think the setup tool is selecting the correct IP address, and is identifying the IP address of my desktop PC rather than my modem/router. Not sure if this matters, but I have a cabled connection from my router to another router, which is acting as a switch/AP, into which my PC is connected.

The router has ticks next to "Respond to Ping on Internet WAN Port" and "Respond to Ping on Internet WAN Port(IPV6)".

How do I work out the correct IP address for the monitor?

Man of Honour
You internal device IP addresses are not exposed to the internet. You need to use the address that the site above gives you.

Stu

Stu

Soldato
OP
I have tried the address from whatismyip, but I am getting a totally red graph.

Why are my devices getting different IP addresses from whatismyip?

Soldato
If you have one internet connection then unless you have a line with multiple IPs and a firewall/router that can do outbound NAT, all of your internal devices will have the same IP address on whatsmyip.

Stu

Stu

Soldato
OP
I can't offer up an explanation...

When I go to whatismyip using my main PC I get this:

Your IP Address Is:
2a02:c**:2b**:8d00:ac7f:94d5:3c60:af78

When I use my tablet (connected to home wifi) I get this:
Your IP Address Is:
2a02:cc**:2b**:8d00:7867:81ff:c2f3:86e6

And my phone gets a different result again. I have noted that the first 4 sets of numbers/letters are the same for all devices, and the next 4 are different for each device.

(I've hidden a couple of numbers for security.)

Stu

Stu

Soldato
OP
The router settings page may show the IPv4 address that I need, but I don't know what I'm looking for among the many numbers.

Back
Top Bottom