Steelcase Leap V1

Soldato
You know what i noticed about all these ****** gaming chairs that cost way more than they are worth?

After ordering a DXRacer in the past, Noble Icon and seeing my friends Arozzi when he got it, I noticed that they ALL come packed the same with virtually the same base/mechanisms.

Some have wildly differing prices for literally 0 difference other then some cosmetic differences really.
The ICON for example... nothing really different about it AT ALL from a Arozzi but its worth couple hundred more?

When you can get a second hand Aeron for 300 or a Leap V2 for 300..... these gaming chairs just look like such a joke.

Associate
So I am sold on getting a second hand Steelcase Leap but would you recommend the v2 over the v1 - what are the main differences?

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
Soldato
V2 has a higher back, firmer seat pan. Other than that i've not owned a V1 so not sure. Best thing would be to get some comparisons on youtube.
I highly suggest the V2, it really makes you sit properly and it is comfortable to do so. My back and upper body is really thanking me for this purchase.

Associate
V2 has a higher back, firmer seat pan. Other than that i've not owned a V1 so not sure. Best thing would be to get some comparisons on youtube.
I highly suggest the V2, it really makes you sit properly and it is comfortable to do so. My back and upper body is really thanking me for this purchase.

Advice taken - cheers.

Soldato
Got a V1 myself because it only cost me £129 3 years ago and it's never missed a beat, if I was to buy one now though I'd be getting the V2 if it cost no more than £50 more, it'll be newer so even though they are refurbished would probably squeak less than my V1. The date on mine is 2001 iirc.

Associate
been following the threads here -

Recently moved from Manchester to Ireland, and my ikea chair didn't survive the move, it was an old cheaper model anyway. Took forever and a day to get my tax situation sorted, and when it was sorted I got 6 months of emergency tax back in one hit, by which point I'd decided to get a nice chair, rather than a cheapo model! Ended up deciding against a gaming chair, and was looking at the site mentioned here for a 2nd hand option. Ended up deciding on getting a new steelcase gesture with the headrest option. Expensive, but the warranty is all mine - and my back thanks me. It's a great chair. Although if I hadn't of had all that money in one go, I wouldn't have gone for it.

Good chair, looks awesome - no more back twinges from sitting in the dining chair I'd moved up to my pc desk... recommended!

Associate
Can anyone please confirm what type of arms should be on the v1? I was told it should be fully adjustable but it seems to only be height adjustable.

Associate
Thanks guys, I've received a V1 but it only seems to move up and down, I can't seem to get them to move any other way.
Also had a couple of other issues with the chair. One castor not working and also had the issue where the gas cylinder scrapes across the floor when sat in the chair.

Associate
V1 arms slide inwards and outwards and can be rotated and obviously moved up and down. No sliding back and forth though.

V2 arms are fully adjustable as they also slide back and forward.

That's not entirely accurate I'm afraid, as the multi-adjustable arms on the V2 were an additional option for some time and there are plenty of V2 chairs out there that only have the 'up/down' armrests and no other adjustment.

Associate
As far as I know the arms for Steelcase chairs are selected as part of the original order from the reseller/agent, so when you look at a second hand Steelcase chair there is no standard per se it depends how it was ordered and how its been pieced together for sale. This is also why its tough to get hold of a second hand Steelcase chair with headrests as they originally cost a lot more and are integrated into the back as opposed to just being screwed on like some accessory. Best thing to do is download the brochures and research the options so you know what questions to ask.

I purchased my Steelcase Please v2 with headrest from a second hand office furniture business, but I had to wait until they got one in it wasn't something I could easily order from the web.

Associate
I think i want one of these.

I've seen a V1 for £145 and a V2 for £265, which is quite a lot for me.

Is the V2 worth the extra, i do get some mid to upper back pain (lower seems fine)

Associate
As far as I know the arms for Steelcase chairs are selected as part of the original order from the reseller/agent, so when you look at a second hand Steelcase chair there is no standard per se it depends how it was ordered and how its been pieced together for sale. This is also why its tough to get hold of a second hand Steelcase chair with headrests as they originally cost a lot more and are integrated into the back as opposed to just being screwed on like some accessory. Best thing to do is download the brochures and research the options so you know what questions to ask.

I purchased my Steelcase Please v2 with headrest from a second hand office furniture business, but I had to wait until they got one in it wasn't something I could easily order from the web.
2ndhnd.com were able to get me a Steelcase Leap v2 headrest separately.
I fitted it myself, it came with new fittings and the only modification was filing a little section at the top of the plastic seat back so the headrest would slot on

Associate
I arranged it with him when I purchased the chair so I'm not exactly sure. I've had a few chairs and refurbishing. It took a few months to get it too.
Originally I had told them to keep hold of it until the headrest was fitted, but it was sent out early by mistake. Considering the timescale involved, I'm glad they didn't

Back
Top Bottom