*** Official SONOS Thread ***

Soldato
Do people highly rate two play 1s?

Ive currently got one, in a large open plan kitchen (7x4m) and fancy a second to add some extra throw of sound, is it easy to pair, do they remain paired etc until told otherwise? (I may need to unplug them etc..

I've heard I need to buy another old version to pair with my existing old one? Got that one for £139 last year with six years warranty

Soldato
Can get the sub for £560 on Hughes with their voucher code xmas40, otherwise it still seems the Very code works. Not sure If it's just me, but it still lets me use LXJUD for 10% off taking it to £539.10.

rErDnRy.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
So, I took the plunge and sold all my 5.1 kit in favour of Sonos - added Playbase, Sub and two Ones to my existing kit in other rooms and will sell off the Connect.

Because of my TV (one of the last Panasonic plasmas) I did have to buy an HDMI switch and finding one that's good, passes through 5.1 with an optical out AND compatible with Playbase was tricky so I plumped for the expensive option which cost £200

No regrets at all, the only thing really noticeable is the simulated surround feom 2.0 sources which obviously was much better on a £1500 AVR.

No wires, much more kid proof and lots of brownie points from SWMBO

Last edited:
Associate
Arcam/Monitor Audio Gold, BK Sub etc. About £4k worth new. The change over was basically self-funding once I sold the old kit, I think I actually spent £100 overall.

Yes, if I stick on a CD or FLAC in stereo mode or on headphones I can tell it's not the Arcam but I've realised that I actually do that about once a year. The rest of the time multiroom audio is on.

Associate
Tomorrow I was going to upgrade my sony soundbar (htc790 i think) to a sonos with intentions to buy the sub at a later date but I'm now wondering if its worth buying a decent 2.1 or 5.1 instead?

Associate
Depends on your space requirements as well. Having no wires (power excluded) or additional amps, plus the streaming capabilities sold it for me.

Back
Top Bottom