Battlefield V

Caporegime
so there are rumours circulating that the 2018 game is going to be Bad Company 3.

Sounds great to me!

Various locations in the campaign will be “mid and post-Vietnam conflict” and not include the Cold War, and will not be “historically accurate.” Game modes confirmed to be in it are: Conquest, Rush, Operations, Domination, Team Deathmatch. There will be a 5v5-centric game mode similar to Squad Obliteration.

Maps will allegedly focus on “tighter gameplay” rather than “all-out warfare” and will be similar to Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 3 maps like Oasis Grand Bazaar, Harvest Day and so on.

Regarding gunplay, there will be Vietnam and Cold War era guns, and the gun customization will supposedly rival that of Battlefield 4, which means it’s going to be robust compared to the more simplistic approach of BF1. The character, gun and vehicle customization will also be improved (think: BF4 than BF1), which should be good news for lots of players who are into that.

When it comes to vehicles, players can expect modern tanks, LAVs, helicopters and the like to make a return, The kits (classes) in Bad Company 3 will be the Engineer, Support, Assault and Recon classes, which, if true, will be similar to BC2. Allegedly, the overall gameplay will be a “faster tempo” than BF1, and will have a higher skill gap.

Finally, microtransactions won’t be a thing (at least for now), and it won’t follow the same path as the highly controversial Star Wars Battlefront II! Let’s hope this is true, and that EA has learned a lesson or two from what happened to BFII.

http://mp1st.com/news/rumor-battlefield-2018-to-be-battlefield-bad-company-3

Caporegime
Hmm, it's been such a long, long time since I played BC2 on the 360 that I've forgotten why I loved that game so much but hated the normal Battlefields. Is it because you couldn't go prone in BC2 which meant spotting snipers was easier? If so, then I hope they continue with that and don't allow it in this new game, too.

Associate
The guy who leaked this is the same guy who leaked BF1 months before it was announced so he has a proven track record. I remember everyone laughing at him when he said WW1 and then it came true.

Loved BC2, it was my entry point into the battlefields and I think it was the best of them all. You could totally level everything, throw a few C4s in a building and wait for the masses :D

Soldato
I had no idea it was BC2 that I remember enjoying a lot until I saw a map of Arica Harbor, think it was the first BF I played, since then BF4 was good fun and BF1 to a degree but I don't like the WW1 setting as much as I always like the BF games with helicopters, and all things transport BF1 lacks due to the era.
I hope the rumour of a BC3 and Vietnam/Cold war setting is true.

Soldato
Battlefield Vietnam on the PC was awesome, really loved the fact you could play the old classic songs of the era - and other players would hear it; worked really well when you had ride of the valkyries playing from a chopper, or Martha and the Vandellas 'No where to run' when in a tank :D

Though I sometimes do enjoy the fast pace of CoD (not the wall running ****), I am very much a BF fan at heart - especially love the building destruction; BC2 being the best imo.

Soldato
So are we still expecting WW2 game? Battlefield One was/is really good but I'd like something a little more modern this time around. Ohh but Bad Company 3 of any kind would be awesome.

Associate
So are we still expecting WW2 game? Battlefield One was/is really good but I'd like something a little more modern this time around. Ohh but Bad Company 3 of any kind would be awesome.

Yes it's more than likely to be WW2 according to the rumours. Hopefully its true to the original Battlefield 1942 and not a re-skin of Battlefield 1.

Back
Top Bottom