What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
I hope you aren't expecting a service history, 98% of cars in the US don't have them, I'd expect less in Mexico lol

The Dodge Caliber I'm driving at the moment does, and so does my girlfriend's Aveo. I'd say around half of the cars I've looked at so far have been regularly serviced, albeit not at the main dealer which I wouldn't expect anyway tbh.

Caporegime
Why can't people call back?! Spoken to someone about repairing some paint defects on one of my mirrors and they were meant to call a week ago to confirm my appointment...theyve not returned any of my calls this week. On top of that I've called 2 places for quotes on a detail and had nada.

Caporegime
Picked up our new car today.

9869_D75_D-9496-44_BC-_B6_A5-281_D624794_C5.jpg

A bit different to the small SUV or EV we were thinking about buying next summer! Our old one decided to start playing up again so we decided to have a look at some 2015s instead, then realized the outgoing 2017s have got some great discounts and are basically the same price, but brand new...

We ended up with the Coyote (5.0L) engine, rather than a 3.5 V6 ecoboost which would have been the preference, but we keep the nice V8 soundtrack so there are benefits. :D

Unfortunately the first thing I did when we got home was change the wheels to some older alloys with winter tyres from our old pickup. :(

Caporegime
Had my car detailed and the wheels refurbished by Lawtomotive in Stafford, they had the car for nearly two weeks (I told them to take their time given the atrocious weather) picked it up last night looking wonderful- got up this morning and it’s covered in snow! :/

Had all five wheels (inc full size spare) powder coated metallic silver which works really well imo and a full paint correction/ clay / machine polish and seal for bang on £400, not cheap some might argue but, when I collected the car back in June the supplier had obviously had it professionally detailed, that said, Ben at Lawtomotive has surpassed KGF Classic Cars excellent preparation by some margin (which I really wasn’t expecting) he did the wheels and a quick polish on my partners Nissan Note and having seen the results which included removing some deep scratches that we’d been told were too deep to get out, I decided to go the whole hog with my e38.

My iPhone photos (and my photography skill,or lack of) simply don’t do it justice ,Ben said it would come back looking fresh from the showroom, given the excellent condition it was in when I got it from KGF, I’d argue he’s done a lot better than showroom fresh, it looks like new!
9puedSj.jpg

fNo3qnz.jpg

eOM0cpo.jpg

QKTrWao.jpg

OvGjDSM.jpg

rpqHiIZ.jpg

qtrG5Xv.jpg

39HjRv7.jpg

9nYErPU.jpg

5ZgWtP7.jpg

Now it’s looking right (the wheels previously let it down) I’ll finally get some decent photos of it this weekend and post it in the “Show us your motors” thread.

Absolutely delighted with the results and couldn’t recommend Ben and Lawtomotive highly enough.

http://lawtomotive.co.uk/

Soldato
£400 is cheap for a full detail, let alone a full detail + wheel respray. Looks like a pretty darn good job too - though diffuse lighting really helps to cover up paint imperfections.

Caporegime
£400 is cheap for a full detail, let alone a full detail + wheel respray. Looks like a pretty darn good job too - though diffuse lighting really helps to cover up paint imperfections.
First thing I did - on the owners advice - was to drive around the corner and look at the car under the Petrol stations LED canopy lights, it’s flawless.

Prior to me leaving we also walked around the car shining an LED on the panels, I couldn’t find a swirl anywhere, I’ll get him to email the “before” pictures to me and I’ll upload them, it was quite bad - a lot worse than I’d realised - the colour hid it very well.

Soldato
First thing I did - on the owners advice - was to drive around the corner and look at the car under the Petrol stations LED canopy lights, it’s flawless.

Prior to me leaving we also walked around the car shining an LED on the panels, I couldn’t find a swirl anywhere, I’ll get him to email the “before” pictures to me and I’ll upload them, it was quite bad - a lot worse than I’d realised - the colour hid it very well.

A cracking job on both the detailing and the wheel refurb.

I like the old school workshop. Let the results speak for themselves, not the look of the premises.

Man of Honour
7 series looks very well, I love seeing an older car in that kind of condition, that will put many 3 year old cars to shame.

My car got an early xmas present

Was sick of all the stone chips and road rash on my front bumper so resprayed it, Then clayed and waxed the car, Also got some PS4S tyres for it.

Associate
Very exciting day,

New wipers! :rolleyes: It had some no-brand 'aero' retrofit wipers and all they did was smear and drag over the screen. Picked up a set of Michelin Stealth blades for £6 each at costco, and seems a lot better!

Caporegime
Gave mine a good scrub and inspection. Really need to polish the front passenger door and the wheels are a mess. Still not 100% on whether they were originally black as the paint on them is very poor. Really thin around the rims and the nuts.

Caporegime
That 7 is indeed very nice. :)

The swirls in picture #1 are fairly minimal especially for the age!
Thanks, to be fair I think it had a lot of preparation by KGF Classic Cars who I bought it off in June and the detailer said it had about 6 months worth of crap in the paint when he clayed it, still, it’s alright for nearly 18 years old! :)

Soldato
Had a long downpipe fitted to the MPS.
It has a sports cat built in so should be better than poisoning all the commuters.

Sounds deeper and a bit louder than previous downpipe.

Very pleased.

Back
Top Bottom