Mobo / CPU / RAM £400

Soldato
OP
No, not for me. My sister in law wants to buy her other half an upgrade for xmas and has asked me for help.

I'm not 100% sure on his current spec, but he has a SATA SSD, and a couple of HDDs. I'm not sure on PSU either. I'm planning on getting him a case for xmas, possibly the B-grade Betfenix Shinobi if it stays in stock

Caporegime
YOu could make an argument for going for the RTyzen 1600 (6cores/12threads) but then you are even further away from the £400 target which is already a pipe dream with the 1500X.

Soldato
OP
Just for arguments sake, what would be better;

1500X with 16GB RAM, or 1600 with 8GB RAM?

I'm thinking perhaps go with the 1600 and 8GB of fast RAM, than he can always upgrade with another 8GB in the near future if needs be.

Permabanned
Been out of the loop for a year or so and need help. Need a mobo, CPU and RAM with a budget of £400. System will be used for gaming. Any suggestion please?

No, not for me. My sister in law wants to buy her other half an upgrade for xmas and has asked me for help.

I'm not 100% sure on his current spec, but he has a SATA SSD, and a couple of HDDs. I'm not sure on PSU either. I'm planning on getting him a case for xmas, possibly the B-grade Betfenix Shinobi if it stays in stock

Hi,

CPU, memory and a good motherboard:

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £362.43 (includes shipping: £10.50)​

Back
Top Bottom