Spec me some budget earbuds

Soldato
The last pair of headphones that I really enjoyed listening to music with were the JVC HA-FXC51

They are no longer made, and headphone prices have gone nuts for some reason :(

I would like a recommendation between 10 to 30 please that will be similar quality or better than my old FXC51's.

I can't justify over 30 really so that puts E10's off the radar (and I remember them being cheaper previously?)

Soldato
If you're in the US as your location shows then you can get the Tennmak Pro for $30, a comfortable all rounder.
The Tennmak Piano is $27 and has a really good bass but at the expense of a bigger housing.
I have both and my favourite is the Piano, though it can become a little uncomfortable after a couple of hours.

Soldato
OP
So even though out of my range, peeps think that e10s are worth the extra?

I will take a look at the tennmak stuff, thanks for the tip.

Pooley, will take a look at audiobudget today, thanks!

P.s.part of the pricing thing is that earbud wires seem to break easily or lose them lol.

Soldato
Brainwavz B100 are currently on sale for £26, which is an absolute steal.

I paid just under £50 for them and they trade punches with my Fidue A73 which are a £99 IEM.

ps. they are easily the most comfortable IEM I have ever owned

Soldato
OP
Sorry... still not actually purchased these...

Reading a few reviews saying the Brainwavz B100's are a little fragile, and have noise coming through the cord (when rubbing on clothes). Are the E10's better for durability (I just wrap them up and put in in pocket), than the B100's ?

Associate
I’ve had a few pairs of Soundmagic E10s and now I’ve been recently using some ES18s and they are pretty much just as good sounding for a fraction of the money. IMO anyway, and I’ve had more than my fair share of headphones...

Although now I’ve got some Chinese things off the internet, KZ ZS5, which cost me £35 but probably available for less, and I can say I’ve never been so surprised about how good something can sound for the price. Although they are a bit of a “hotted up” sound signature to me, they are a hell of a lot of fun.

Associate
I put my B100 in my trousers with the car and home keys. They have light swirl like scratches, but other than that they are holding up good compared to my previous VSD3s (where my cable near the jack and iem itself broke within 8 months of use. Plus I lost them somewhere ;/) I'm surprised my B100 are still with me and it will be 12 months in 4 days

Soldato
OP
Well, long time coming... FINALLY decided to tell my wife that I needed headphones, ended up with the E10's. I'll be getting them at Christmas lol.

I haven't had a pair of headphones in sooooooooo long :( Really looking forward to this.

Associate
Was using the free AKG buds that came with my SG8+ for the past year that i thought where awesome , got a set of KZ ES4 that totally blow them away for £14

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Brainwavz B100 are currently on sale for £26, which is an absolute steal.

I paid just under £50 for them and they trade punches with my Fidue A73 which are a £99 IEM.

ps. they are easily the most comfortable IEM I have ever owned

Was just looking at both the B100 and A73, do you find the female vocals or vocals in general are better on the B100 then the A73 ?

Few reviewers and comments suggest the B100 has excellent vocals and details, A73s are meant to be excellent all rounders also.

Sadly B100s look out of stock everywhere at 26 quid that was a bargain, A73s refurbs are 30 on flebay if anyone's looking and I believe 40 on rainforest
down from 99 quid also.

I have e10s but looking for something better.

Back
Top Bottom