The Grand Tour

Soldato
Of course they do if you have the right ticket type.

I don't believe for a moment that armed with only 2 pieces of information (a name and a ticket type) you get to just call an airline and make changes to tickets and demand certain dietary requirements for other people.

At the end of the day, it's no biggie, it just struck me an an example of terrible scripting in a generally ok episode.

Man of Honour
I don't believe for a moment that armed with only 2 pieces of information (a name and a ticket type) you get to just call an airline and make changes to tickets and demand certain dietary requirements for other people.

At the end of the day, it's no biggie, it just struck me an an example of terrible scripting in a generally ok episode.

Yea it would have been loads more interesting if 45 minutes of the episode was dedicated to being on hold and faffing about with the airline.

Soldato
Yea it would have been loads more interesting if 45 minutes of the episode was dedicated to being on hold and faffing about with the airline.

At what point did I even say that skit should have been left in?
Ohhh that's right, I didn't. You just tried to make a point so fast you didn't stop to think if you were actually sounding like an idiot.

I'm just saying that scripting is fine, as long as it's believable-ish situations. And spending several minutes on a 'joke' that led to terrible acting that no one believed was a waste of time.
But hey, if you laughed, more power to you !! Have at it.

Caporegime
At what point did I even say that skit should have been left in?
Ohhh that's right, I didn't. You just tried to make a point so fast you didn't stop to think if you were actually sounding like an idiot.

I'm just saying that scripting is fine, as long as it's believable-ish situations. And spending several minutes on a 'joke' that led to terrible acting that no one believed was a waste of time.
But hey, if you laughed, more power to you !! Have at it.

It was a totally believable situation as I have done the exact same thing to my mates when they flew from New York to Orlando.

As has been said for the episode it had to be trimmed down as full length would have been boring, but 10 minutes on google will get you a flight number, airline contact number etc and you already know your mates names, so it is dead easy to make out you are from their company and that you need to change their bookings.

Soldato
If that's true, can you please tell us what airline that was so I can avoid them? :D

I tried changing my own details once with BA, and I had my name, passport number, previous seat, credit card details, day and time of flight and I had to jump though about 100 hoops.
Still.... I guess it's secure. :cool:

Man of Honour
Oh man, the noise from that V6 in the GT. I still have an erection.
Has it gone down yet? Are you ok?

As for new driver, much better than the American. Mainly because there wasn't endless cringe comments about how superior American cars are. Going for a woman was a nice change.

Found myself skipping the celeb car bit. Just doesn't interest me. Wish they'd bin celebs entirely, the show doesn't need it.

Caporegime
If that's true, can you please tell us what airline that was so I can avoid them? :D

I tried changing my own details once with BA, and I had my name, passport number, previous seat, credit card details, day and time of flight and I had to jump though about 100 hoops.

It was American.

Yes I had to jump through loads of hoops and it all took over an hour on the phone, but it was possible and it happened, and I am pretty certain it could be done with any airline.

Soldato

Think it was JetBlue

Soldato
They need to get rid of the celeb bit and just make the show 40mins long.

The episode started at around 47mins for me, the Chiron feature was superb, loved the final scene where you can hear the engine and road noise

Back
Top Bottom