Ocuk pre built won’t boot

Associate
bought a pre built system from ocuk a few weeks ago as a Christmas present . We’ve just got it out the box to test it and it won’t boot . Powers up , no post beeps , no display on monitor , all fans spinning .

Kicking myself for not testing it sooner ... but here I am Xmas eve with a not working Xmas present ... doh

Test sheet shows it was ok when shipped so I’m guessing something loose in transit .... what would cause literally no beeps or boot ? Pulsing yellow light on the Asus H110-plus mb is all there is .

Soldato
I personally wouldn’t touch it without contacting Overclockers first. They’re under warranty so they should be able to help you troubleshoot/collect to test it.

Soldato
I personally wouldn’t touch it without contacting Overclockers first. They’re under warranty so they should be able to help you troubleshoot/collect to test it.
And that's not going to happen until Boxing Day at the earliest. There's plenty of relatively simple things the OP can do to test/check himself before then that might just get him up and running for Xmas day.

Soldato
And that's not going to happen until Boxing Day at the earliest. There's plenty of relatively simple things the OP can do to test/check himself before then that might just get him up and running for Xmas day.

Sure, but without contacting OcUK first this may or may not void the warranty.

Associate
OP
Thanks guys ... up early so going to have a check of the couple of easy things mentioned here before the lad gets up to open it .

Used to build a lot of pc’s so know my way around , but it’s been a while so was a bit rusty and wasn’t sure what could cause no post beep and no signal at all .

It’s connecting to a brand new Dell monitor via hdmi so connection options are limited .

Wish me luck

Associate
Use the HDMI port on the graphics card not the one on the motherboard. Already had to tell my brother this when the pre-built system he bought for his son wouldn't boot. In his defence, the ports on the graphics card had the dust covers on still.

Associate
OP
Houston we have lift off

Memory reseated , graphics removed and reseated , battery removed and refitted.

Now booting . What a sigh of relief was not looking forward to that disappointment on Xmas day

Assuming it’s going to have lost all its cmos settings now so will have to wait until the keyboard ( a separate present ) is unwrapped before I can get in there .

I’m ok with most things except memory timings as I’ve never really understood them , will it auto detect and set them itself ?

Back
Top Bottom