*** OcUK Secret Santa UnWrap Thread 2017 ***

Permabanned
wedrum was bang on with mine. Haven't been majorly active this year so thought i'd be a tricky buy but this gin is tip top!

Certainly not one i've had before, and since i plan on being ****** until the 2nd this will help quite nicely!

Thanks a lot mate!

mJwUPi2l.jpg

Hehe merry Xmas buddy glad you like it

Man of Honour
Many thanks to Russinating! The Irish cream shall accompany this evenings film. The book looks rather good, I do quite a bit of reading especially in quiet times at work. And the sweet treats will go down rather well!

Soldato
Much appreciated @Greebo :) My 2 favourite things, Daim chocolate and motorbikes :D The cup is awesome too and the tin :)

KArdP2Bh.jpg

I doubt if any of the chocolate will last until Boxing Day :D :) Thank you very much :)

Associate
Thanks Regy53, really good haul this year, the lego has already been built and is currently being dwarfed by my Lego Saturn V in the background :p

The mini arcade game is fantastic, really surprised with the colour screen/games list!

f8inqLo.jpg

M5ykumD.jpg

Caporegime
Thanks for the hoards sonea fifer. You caused many giggles and I did need a new wallet so that was awesome.

Unfortunately I didn't win 100k on the scratch cards but still loved everything. Merry Christmas

20171225_133555.jpg

20171225_133957.jpg

Caporegime
Much appreciated @Greebo :) My 2 favourite things, Daim chocolate and motorbikes :D The cup is awesome too and the tin :)

KArdP2Bh.jpg

I doubt if any of the chocolate will last until Boxing Day :D :) Thank you very much :)

You only seem to have two things you liked after searching through about a 1000 posts - daim bars and motorbikes so made my pressies choice easy.

Last edited:
Caporegime
People that dont follow the rules for this should be banned. Clearly its maximum £15.

Tell you what, when you participate, you can have some say in how it works ;)

Massive thanks to @booyaka, the prezzies are fantastic, loved them all! Will post up some photos tomorrow when I've digested some of the food I've inhaled today :D

And as always, thanks to cainer for once again rocking it :cool:

Caporegime
Soldato
Well, the point is that it’s secret. But then that also serves a purpose of stopping people trying to impress the internet by busting the budget.
I have no reason to impress strangers I'll never meet. However, I am very happy to make a complete stranger I'll never meet that little bit happier at Christmas, if I can.

Caporegime
Well, the point is that it’s secret. But then that also serves a purpose of stopping people trying to impress the internet by busting the budget.

Well obviously it's secret, point was no one is harmed if someone goes over budget, it's surely only a nice surprise for the recipient. Reddit has one of the largest ones going and people sometimes luck out as per the link - no shame in sticking to a guide price though.

Caporegime
People that dont follow the rules for this should be banned. Clearly its maximum £15.

Was there a £15 Limit? Oh dear I may have forgotten the rules. Like most I would prefer to make somebody’s Christmas a little bit more happy and if I want to spend more than £15 that’s my choice.

Soldato
It’s not secret :confused:.

You can’t do that within the £15 soft limit? Or why not just make it anonymous as secret Santa is ‘supposed’ to be?

You might not want to impress strangers, but clearly people in all communities - including this one - do.

Aye, of course a £15 budget can. However, I think you critically see it that people want to impress to achieve validation or credit from others here, when in reality they just want to spoil the person they're buying for. I wouldn't over analyse it :)

E: I'd happily participate in a totally secret, secret santa. Maybe cainer could do that next year and it be interesting to see if members acted differently.

Soldato
It's not overanalysing it, it's just making a reasonable assessment of the situation. Not everyone will do it to show off, but to suggest no one does is naive.

It's not as though it's the end of the World. Although I do think it's a shame when people bust the budget because it can make those who've stuck to it look like cheapskates. I'm not involved so don't really care... I'm just saying how I'd prefer it to be done, and critiquing how it is done here (and therefore how it could be improved, imo).

I know where you're coming from. Personally I don't look down upon anyone who spends less than me, nor am I jealous of anyone who spends more. I like to think nobody acts in a deceitful or one-upmanship manner, but I'm a sad Christmas romantic anyway.

Merry Christmas! :)

Soldato
Not a worry at all! You were a pain to buy for I’m not going to lie and really really struggled. I’m happy you’re happy and knowing what you do for a job made me want to get it right for you.

I hope it all comes in very useful, have a great Christmas Rotters!

20171224_213136.jpg
20171224_213047.jpg

its like youve been in my head...honestly Im over the moon. ty very much. updated with pics.

rotters

Soldato
I don't spend more than £15 to impress anyone, I spend more than £15 to make sure I get a range of things so at least one of them may be liked. I would be fine with my Santa spending £5 on me tbh. This is the only gift I buy each year (my missus buys all the others and then she just buys something for her self with my money in the Jan sales :D ) so it is nice to try and find something that will be used/liked :)

Back
Top Bottom