Dashcams!

IC3

IC3

Soldato
What sort of price would I be looking at whilst buying a dashcam? Looking for something that'll work in the dark too, would £50 be sufficient?

Associate
I've never had a dashcam before but got the Yi dashcam from Santa. I've got it plugged in to the cigarette lighter but as the Focus cigarette lighter is permanent powered it doesn't look like the dashcam ever shuts off. I presume this will drain my battery over time?

Soldato
I've never had a dashcam before but got the Yi dashcam from Santa. I've got it plugged in to the cigarette lighter but as the Focus cigarette lighter is permanent powered it doesn't look like the dashcam ever shuts off. I presume this will drain my battery over time?

yup, I'd hard wire it to a fuse that goes on ignition.

Soldato
Are you sure it never shuts off?

In my Mondeo it stays on for about 20 minutes after the car is locked and then stays off until the car is unlocked again.

It's also possible that it has a fuse that can be moved to change it from always on to only on with the ignition.

Associate
Are you sure it never shuts off?

In my Mondeo it stays on for about 20 minutes after the car is locked and then stays off until the car is unlocked again.

It's also possible that it has a fuse that can be moved to change it from always on to only on with the ignition.

I'm pretty sure it does but I'll double check. I've left my Bluetooth dongle plugged in overnight before and from what I remember it was still flashing when I peeked through the window in the morning.

Soldato
The F770 has been great except one minor detail:

"MOBILE SPEED CAMERA ZONE" X1000 for many, many miles. :mad:
 argh!

It would be nice if I could differentiate in the options between alerts for stationary cameras and alerts mobile speed camera zones. Alas, it's all or nothing.

Transmission breaker
Don
I got my Mrs a £15 camera from a chinese retailer. Wanted one without a screen, like my blackvue, and found this 168cardvr model which has an app and wifi. Just replaced it in her car tonight, and it seems great!
Did not really care for the wifi option, but it seemed to work well, and is quite neat to be able to adjust the angle live, but without the added expense of a pointless screen on it.
Much neater than her current chinese screen equipped one she has been using for the last year or so. Good to get it properly hidden behind the rear view, and get rid of the terrible sucker mount.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
I got my Mrs a £15 camera from a chinese retailer. Wanted one without a screen, like my blackvue, and found this 168cardvr model which has an app and wifi. Just replaced it in her car tonight, and it seems great!
Did not really care for the wifi option, but it seemed to work well, and is quite neat to be able to adjust the angle live, but without the added expense of a pointless screen on it.
Much neater than her current chinese screen equipped one she has been using for the last year or so. Good to get it properly hidden behind the rear view, and get rid of the terrible sucker mount.
Could you upload some footage please, it looks neat and the price seem right. :)

BTW Where did you get it from?

IC3

IC3

Soldato
Does anyone on here have a Xiaomi 70MAI? I'm looking at a discreet dash cam upto £40-50, I don't need a display, dual cams, GPS and all the other bs. Just good day and night time footage. Most of the dash cams are bulky and easily visible...

Back
Top Bottom