Tech Support - Converting video for Grandad

Associate
Hi guys,

So it's that time of year again when we go home for the holidays and get asked to fix anything technology related....

My dad was on Homes under the Hammer this year and Grandad recorded it onto a DVD in .VRO format.

They want to share it with the rest of the family so I uploaded it to youtube (where it was quickly blocked for copyrighted content) :rolleyes:

I've been looking for a converter for .VRO to .MP4/.avi so that I can just send people the file on google drive but all the ones I've downloaded so far make you pay after downloading the software, or only have a few mins of free conversion time.

Can anyone recommend a program that will allow me to convert the ~1.07GB .VRO file please?

Thanks! :)

Soldato
Avidemux I myself use for quick trimming might be able to do it basing to this, with also HandBrake mentioned in first post.
https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/303484-Encoder-with-no-quality-loss

In Avidemux choosing copy for audio and video just copies data streams to new container file without "transcoding".

Though if video is in MPEG2 format encoding with X264 would allow lowering file size good amount for same quality.

Back
Top Bottom