Bladerunner 2 (Spoilers!)

Soldato
I disagree with almost every word there.

Sure BR has its importance but 2049 is not only a great sequel, it’s a better than the original, it’s a great science fiction and a great movie period.

The acting is great, the story had me guessing, the cinematography is first rate, the special and visual effects was ridiculously real, the music has impact, the way it ties to the original yet does not ruin the original is clever and keeps its faith.

Scott would not have pulled this off judging the mess he is making with Alien franchise. At first I was nervous someone else directed it but now I am relieved.
Well said. Agree with everything said

Caporegime
I read this...

"Head of police, yes head of police is told a big lie by a contractor, head of police believes it and all is good. No double checking, no verifying, no details asked no proof required. it is a matter of life and death for the order of the world."

I was thinking this when I was watching it.

He's lost his baseline and yet K says it's done....and she just goes with it...the more I think about this film the worse it gets...

Caporegime
Sure BR has its importance but 2049 is not only a great sequel, it’s a better than the original, it’s a great science fiction and a great movie period.

It relies on the original to exist...and it's not a great movie...it's mediocre at best...the final fight in the hot steaming flying car simulator is a joke....it's riddled with cliche...

Soldato
I was very sceptical going in, and completely blown away / impressed by the whole thing - the best possible sequel we could have got really considering how much of an mission it must have been to make a quality follow on to such an iconic film, I cant think how it could have been any better tbh

Caporegime
completley disagree.

to me this was easily movie of the last 5-10 years IMO.

Everything about it was breathtaking

Really though?

No one has commented on my k losing his baseline and lying to the Head of police and she just buying it?

Hmm... selective I must say...

I wanted to like it, I was looking forward to it. But quite frankly, Ford picks up a pay check. Gosling does a Drive one line performance, the score is not Vangelis, the script is dodgy, Its too long and it's got zero depth to it...

Caporegime
Yes, wasn’t he magnicifent.
I thought it was a great film.
I can’t wait until the BR release so I can watch it again.
Anyone know when that is due?

No,

It was very pretentious, Leto was great in Dallas buyer Club.

I mean he can create humans, implant memories but can't get to grips with basic reproduction?

Also if he is so powerful why is he relying on one person K to find Deckard ? Surely he could rally an army to peruse him?

The more I talk about it the more ludicrous the plot is !

Soldato
I disagree with almost every word there.

The acting is great, the story had me guessing, the cinematography is first rate, the special and visual effects was ridiculously real, the music has impact, the way it ties to the original yet does not ruin the original is clever and keeps its faith.

Scott would not have pulled this off judging the mess he is making with Alien franchise. At first I was nervous someone else directed it but now I am relieved.

yeah this - scott is probably just miffed that some guy has made a better film than he has done for decades.

Caporegime
yeah this - scott is probably just miffed that some guy has made a better film than he has done for decades.

Dude, with BR under your belt made in 1982 I very much doubt Scott is that miffed by 2049 :p

The film bombed at the box office and will be forgotten in the midst of time.

I mean sure the bluray 4K brigade will swoon over it on their cheap 4K TV bought from Asda though :p

Caporegime
It didn't bomb, it made $258 million against a budget of $150 million

With marketing costs I imagine it made a small profit.

And yep, I've ordered the 4k Blu-ray which should look very good on my 65" LG OLED...that wasn't cheap from ASDA.

Caporegime

And yep, I've ordered the 4k Blu-ray which should look very good on my 65" LG OLED...that wasn't cheap from ASDA.

Each to their own...I can think of better ways if spending nearly three hours of my time. Shame it really is :(

Associate

You are underestimating the marketing budget and overestimating the amount that the studio gets from the ticket sales. 2049 would have needed to make ~$400m at the box office to make a profit.

Back
Top Bottom