• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Pascal GTX 1080 Ti Owners Thread

Soldato
It doesn't work with HDMI either, it's not showing in the bios or device manager.

If it was the cable the card should still show up there when using IGFX on the cpu.

Ok, yeah that is odd then. Assuming other devices aren't detected in the slots either, then not sure what's happened there. Have you tried reseating the CPU?

Soldato
It's just now working again!, not sure what i did to get it back.

I may keep a hold of the new board (Gigabyte Z270X Designare) anyway for when i switch to the Define R6 as this is not the first time this has happened.

Soldato
Anyone know where I can buy a 1080 Ti Founders Edition from please ? Helping a workmate build a new rig and he's REALLY wanting an F.E but everywhere has stopped selling them.
Erm, why not get direct? Picked up 1070 TI FE that way recently. Came next day which surprised me as they stated 2-3 days and was a great experience (well packaged, brand new parts). Read about some negative experiences in the past but all was good for me.
Hopefully this is not deemed as competitor talk as it's a supplier and nobody else stocks FE card now either.

Last edited:
Soldato
£679 direct from Nvidia.

Erm, why not get direct? Picked up 1070 TI FE that way recently. Came next day which surprised me as they stated 2-3 days and was a great experience (well packaged, brand new parts). Read about some negative experiences in the past but all was good for me.
Hopefully this is not deemed as competitor talk as it's a supplier and nobody else stocks FE card now either.

Yep just checked thanks peeps, Last time I checked they were out of stock, I assumed only partner cards were available, Ordered :)

Associate
Guys looking to buy a 1080ti soon. However, the current price scares me.

1) Any Jan sales deals maybe worth waiting for?
2) Was thinking the EVGA FTW3 or the Asus ROG Strix
3) I've seen an INNO3D Twin X2 GeForce GTX 1080Ti for about £620 - Thoughts?

I'm into DCS World and streaming atm and I want best Oculus performance I can get. So any recommendations would be great.

Last edited:
Associate
Why have you got a 1030 in with a 1080ti? What is the point, you're just giving yourself grief.
1) It's a VERY efficient miner.
2) When I'd Folding it's connected to the TV meaning lag free streaming etc.
3) It's back up for the 1080 Ti as X299 doesn't have built in GPU.

Second post you've made being no help. Have you got something against 1030s?

Soldato
1) It's a VERY efficient miner.
2) When I'd Folding it's connected to the TV meaning lag free streaming etc.
3) It's back up for the 1080 Ti as X299 doesn't have built in GPU.

Second post you've made being no help. Have you got something against 1030s?

Your issues are caused by the conflict of having two cards in the system. If you want the problem solved, get the 1030 out the system.

You can be assured that I won't be posting the blatantly obvious solution for a 4th time. ;)

Associate
Your issues are caused by the conflict of having two cards in the system. If you want the problem solved, get the 1030 out the system.

You can be assured that I won't be posting the blatantly obvious solution for a 4th time. ;)

So blatantly obvious it took you three posts to say?

Besides, if I swap the cards around slot wise GeForce works fine. It seems it's an issue with the order in which they're detected.

Was hoping that someone would be able to give me a work around or a fix, not sarky comments.

Back
Top Bottom