How was 2017 for you?

Soldato
My wife gave birth to our first child this year who has just hit 3months old. Been a roller coaster year worrying about both their health throughout pregnancy and after, but glad to be starting a new year with everyone healthy :)

Caporegime
Changed job after 11years, well, changed employer - bye Eddie Stobart - for a small - by comparison - family firm, my only regret being I hadn't done it years back, finally attained my unicorn car, a low mileage immaculate e38 735i, discovered I'm going to be a grandfather in a few months time and got my rig 4K able in terms of both hardware being able to hack it and a 4K display to utilise it on.

The downside was my father being diagnosed with inoperable prostate cancer,but, he will most likely die with it rather than of it.

All in all, a good one and I can't wait for what 2018 brings!

Soldato
We lost my 48 year old Aunt this year to the big C, she left behind a husband, her dad + step dad, 2 sisters, 2 children a a 3 year old granddaughter

Amazing woman too, had cancer 6 years ago, got rid but it came back, she fought well but he last 6 months were hard going indeed.

That pretty much killed 2017 for us, yes i had fun otherwise, but seeing my family suffer throughout has been heartbreaking

Soldato
Average as ever. Started off with good intentions and an injured foot (Plantar Fasciitis) and whilst things went OK for a while I got back into my usual routine of just getting by. Foot got better, nothing much else until late in the year. I got mildly ill (still ongoing, sinusitis possibly) and I had to drag myself through work somedays with that + being tired :/

A little bad news with my Uncle being hospitalised and eventually dying (although really for the better...) but of course this happens the week before Christmas 400 miles away. For the record my mum didn't make it in time to see her brother before he passed :(

25507843_10215915405664984_8693878844182316822_n.jpg

My mum and uncle in ~1960 :)

Survived Christmas with retail work and a visiting toddler.

Commissario
Not great, got a new job but it was full of health issues that were finally resolved in November. Finished on a high being in NYC and San Francisco, off to Lake Tahoe tomorrow to start 2018 off with a bang!

Associate
My 2017 was pretty good.

Moved house to something nearing my 'dream home', out of town life and into the country.
Had a great year of biking, highlight of which were a ride to Spain to see the Barcelona MotoGP.
Health wise everything is as it should be, although I am starting to feel my age, suffering a bit of elbow tendonitis.
Proud of my daughter as she was accepted into Uni and my g/f became a fully qualified ADI.

Usual goals for 2018, shed a bit of weight and try to eat healthier.

Soldato
lets see;

mum had a heart attack (54)
dad retired (60)
i grew old (30)
one sister is still a bitch
grandad (92) still tries to act like he is 50 and gives me **** for trying to help him.

yep, good year...

next (this) year, get back to where i was 1 year ago, 2 stone lighter.

Soldato
Brilliant year. got a new job in April, I'm now doing something I love as opposed to sitting reading the internet all day, then 6 months in was promoted to be a team leader. Also my sister had a baby, after trying for ages.

So pretty good year for me and I'm looking forward to 2018.

Associate
my 2017 has been generally ok, had good moments and bad moments like usual.. overall quite an average year

Soldato
A real mixed bag.

+Fantastic amounts of travelling and a mind blowing extensive summer vacation
-Found out that a business partner of mine had cheated me out of thousands and it finalised with me losing a large contract in the US
+My personal health has significantly improved with a great gym routine and a no nonsense diet
-A couple of my rental properties in the UK have had to have significant maintenance repairs which has cost me a lot of money
+Launched another new business to sister with one of my existing ones which is starting to do well

I am optimistic with 2018 and the end of 2017 was better to me than the start, so I hope that it continues.

Caporegime
Been good overall.

Relationship. happy together with gf. 2years this month

Friends. 3 years ago I had none now have as many as I want. And all of them are genuine with similar interests (geeky)

Social. Very good, been having geek nights once a week with fantasy TV and games on Monday night and doing fun things like laser quest etc.

Financial. Improved, Bitcoin has been fun. Still no house but mainly as I plan to not be in this area longer than 6 months.

Physical. Worse. Less gyming (due to friends and gf stuff taking my time)

Job. Just as bad as before. Want out but no point moving job until I can also leave area as pay is OK and pension is good. Just job I don'
fit.

Hobbies. Great. Been kayaking on rivers and sea, 3d printer arrives this month, playing boardgames with friends regularly.

Been to Italy too this year which was on tick list

Some may recall my break up with my ex 2.5 years ago, no friends, no hobbies, etc. Crazy how different things can be.

Back
Top Bottom