Fractal Design Define R6

Soldato
Very nice case, I like the idea of being able to have two side glass panels. I would also take out the HDD cage as I only have one SSD in my system. Won't be getting one as I'm more into the matx itx sized cases now.

Associate
Just received an email confirming that they will be offering a white front door at some stage in the future once accessories become available.
That's my case sorted.
I was going to buy the
Phanteks enthoo evolv atx in silver
But wanted a white case.
Happy out now.

Soldato
Hmm you can either have only 1 fan at the back, or you have to remove the whole top, which sort of defeats the point of "moduvent" and "silent case". On the fractal R4 for example you can just uncover 1 or 2 holes at the top.

Caporegime
Hmm you can either have only 1 fan at the back, or you have to remove the whole top, which sort of defeats the point of "moduvent" and "silent case". On the fractal R4 for example you can just uncover 1 or 2 holes at the top.

Agreed, I'm kinda disappointed with that too (doesn't matter for me though, next sys is going mITX)

Soldato
Agreed, I'm kinda disappointed with that too (doesn't matter for me though, next sys is going mITX)

I am sure it works well for cooling (as you would obviously expect from removing the entire roof), but that is going to basically make any of the silent features pointless, for example on my Fractal R4 I have the two top vents open but still most of the top is metal with the noise foam on it, but removing the whole top of the case is going to be just as noisy as any other case. This is one area the fractal cases have got worse I think, since the fractal R4, in fact the R6 is the worst out of all of them for this, because you do not have any options, either on or off.

Associate
I really wish that there's still a way to mount drives at the bottom when the shroud is at the back.

Also, white front plate on the white model.

Associate
I really wish that there's still a way to mount drives at the bottom when the shroud is at the back.

Also, white front plate on the white model.

I posted in this thread already.

Fractal confirmed in an email to me that they will be offering a white front panel once accessories become available.

I will just wrap it until then.

Back
Top Bottom