Apps/Games for kids

Soldato
Grandparents bought the kids a fire tablet each for Christmas. I've been asked to set them up for my girls and my sisters boy.

The software isn't an issue, but what games/apps do I put on (preferably free ones as I have no idea yet how much they'll be used)?

My girls are 10 and youngest is about to turn 7 in a couple of months
My sisters boy is 5

Any help/suggestions would be great!!

Soldato
Hello bud.

I was in a similar boat to you about which tablet to get for my daughter.
It was between iPad, Fire Tablet and the Fire Tablet for Kids.

I highly recommend the kids edition, as it comes with a years subscription to Amazon kids which is like 2 quid a month after it expires which is nothing.
It has a shed load of games/apps/books/videos etc. And I love how you can tailor it to the age of the child who is using it...(it adjusts the content accordingly).

PLUS it comes with a guard/protection around the device.

PLUS even if your nephew smashes, Amazon offer 2 years "no questions" return policy.

So if your the grandparents purchased this during Xmas, you may have a chance to still return the one you have and get the Kids version.

(Sorry this wasn't a direct response to your question, but honestly speaking you may save yourself more money in the long run since the amount of apps available is quite staggering with Amazon kids).

Food for thought :)

Soldato
As above, my brother has got 2 Fires on the way to him for free as his kids' ones were a bit dodgy on charging after a year of use.

If you can't or don't want a Fire, I just set my daughter (7) up with her own Google account and set it to limit her to PEGI 7 games and apps, she downloads rubbish all the time, plays them for a few days and then gets bored.

Back
Top Bottom