• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Volta Titan V Owners Thread

Soldato
Intrigued by the afterburner comments... I’ve always found precision annoying and buggy when it comes to stuff like starting with the OS in the right profiles but recently moved to MSI and seems better. But now I might have to go back ;)

Soldato
You have cold air blowing on your V Kaap?

Also, I'm not sure what this new unlocked core voltage % from 0-100 in MSI afterburner is suppose to do.

Assuming that GPU Boost 3.0 works the same as it did on Pascal, then it simply unlocks the higher voltage points available along the curve. Whether you have access to them depends on if any of the applications have been updated to read the voltage controller yet

Associate
I've messed with the voltage curves, doesn't seem to do anything. Adding +100% core voltage on the slider didn't seem to do anything either for my overclock-ability.

Man of Honour
OP
You have cold air blowing on your V Kaap?

Also, I'm not sure what this new unlocked core voltage % from 0-100 in MSI afterburner is suppose to do.

The card is just sat in the case in slot 3 with another one in slot 1.

I am not blowing any cold air on the cards.

For the next few days I have to work so I will have not much time to do anything with the cards until the weekend.

Caporegime
There's something fishy there. If one card performs the same at 16x and 8x then that means if two cards perform differently at 16x and 8x it's a board issue or something else skewing the data (I.E an issue with the benchmark?) not a difference between 16x and 8x.

Who cares? Normal people aren't going to experience this bottleneck so why give a ****!!! :p

Man of Honour
OP
There's something fishy there. If one card performs the same at 16x and 8x then that means if two cards perform differently at 16x and 8x it's a board issue or something else skewing the data (I.E an issue with the benchmark?) not a difference between 16x and 8x.

The CPU they are using is not the best for SLI.

My 6950X is noticeably better than my 7980XE in mGPU.

Associate
ive just managed to pick up one of these cards for £2000 a couple of months old.
it's delivery is tomorrow(hopefully) and ive already sold my old titan x pascal for £750.
So for £1250 ive managed to upgrade to volta…

I know we have some new cards coming out, but they will only be cut down GeForce versions with ddr5 and i'm sure the next ti is way off in the future.
I wanted the smoother gameplay aswell as the tensor cores for gpp. after many years I decided to start learning how to code with python r and html... to begin with. I like the look of the robotics programming so I decided to blow some dough! good choice or have I wasted my money? what do you owners think?

Soldato
I don't think people scoffing at the price understand what a bargain it is for machine learning applications that can use all the tensor cores. It's miles cheaper than the equivalent 4+ titans Xp, easier to power, easier to work with (only one gpu). I'm sure they've been flying off the shelves.....just not to gamers!

Back
Top Bottom