Epidemic of colds going around at the moment

I haz 4090!
Don
OP
Sorry to hear that. I’ve called in sick again today, I’m too ill even to WFH. I’m having to change clothes and shower maybe three times a day just to get the sweat off me. Brings some relief for a couple of hours.

Soldato
Definitely a few in work got it. Annoying me so much, I'm trying my best to avoid it with the wife being pregnant and the guy next to me has no concept of personal space and caughing all over the place.

Associate
Sorry to hear that. I’ve called in sick again today, I’m too ill even to WFH. I’m having to change clothes and shower maybe three times a day just to get the sweat off me. Brings some relief for a couple of hours.

Cheers. Yours sounds awful. I’m borderline TBH on whether I should even be working but I should make it through the day. Plan on sleeping the rest of the day and all weekend if necessary.

Soldato
I think you all need medical attention, probably including an exploratory finger up the bum just to check everything is okay up there.

I've been pleasantly surprised by my new work place, very few plague carriers coming in to work. My old place was a nightmare for it. "Oh i'm so sick, I bet it was Dawn who sneezed at her desk the other day who passed it on to me. She's so selfish coming in when she's ill, different for me though, I'm here because I have lots of important work to do, not because I need as large an audience as possible for my moaning. Oh woe is me!"

Associate
I thought I have had the flu before.

I hadn't. Between Christmas and new years I've had whats going round and ended up in bed for 3 days sweating passed out. Ruined NYE and am now still suffering to some degree.

Can easily see how the weak and infirm can die from it. I was touch and go :p

Associate
Office or work place culture come into play. Yes, you can rock up to work because you: Have no choice; You want to make a point or fear being labelled as a 'sick note' thereafter. However, it just creates unease for those who are nearby. I always believe productivity suffers regardless of the reasoning.

I got to admit, I hate sitting next to someone with a raging cold whether on a train or in the office; I can't help think that the person is better off in bed or at home.

Soldato
Anyone else been struck down over the festive period with this?

Yup. It's done the round of my entire family. I had it over a month ago. My niece got it a couple of weeks ago, and it worked its way around the rest of my family. My mother is currently recovering from it. This one is different in that it really lingers.

Associate
Same here. Week before Christmas (annual leave :() it lingered, first week was an inconvenience and disappointment really, look forward to holidays and get a bug. Felt out of sorts until this week but better now.

Flu is such a bandied about phrase nowadays - Not to be taken lightly. When you contract the Flu; it pole axes. Horrible.

Soldato
Absolutely tickety boo here. It helped I pretty much hibernated through Xmas and new year...also been chomping down on some garlic to give the ole immune system reinforcements.

Being anti social may just save ya life!

Soldato
Same here. Week before Christmas (annual leave :() it lingered, first week was an inconvenience and disappointment really, look forward to holidays and get a bug. Felt out of sorts until this week but better now.

Flu is such a bandied about phrase nowadays - Not to be taken lightly. When you contract the Flu; it pole axes. Horrible.

You can be off sick when you're on annual leave and claim the holiday back, technically.

If you don't get sick pay then it's obviously a call as to whether you suck it up and get paid for being ill or take the unpaid time and have your holiday later.

Back
Top Bottom