Sound card issue?

Associate
Not sure if I can post this in here, but recently my computer has been saying there is no sound installed, but when I plug my headphones into my pc it works. Is it a card issue or something else?

Associate
OP
Thanks, thought it might be. I checked into the drivers the other day, and I'm halfway to thinking it isn't supported anymore? It's a xonar dg card, but the website doesn't seem to let you download anything for it now. I uninstalled it, and it doesn't even seem to register with the computer that it is there.

Associate
OH no not Asus Xonar :eek:
I've had a similar problem with a Xonar D2X + Windows 10. Asus Suppt needs to improve to be near on useless, coincidently I found a driver which works fine in a thread on here.
Don't give up I'm sure you'll find something somewhere if you're persistent enough. :)

Associate
OP
So any suggestions for a decent mid range sound card? I've tried installing drivers i found on other threads, but installation gives up on me....card must have died :(

V F

V F

Soldato
So any suggestions for a decent mid range sound card? I've tried installing drivers i found on other threads, but installation gives up on me....card must have died :(

Is there a lot of these Asus cards dying a lot recently? I’ve seen people discussing this since the 1709 update on Ryzen systems and sound cards breaking. Hmm...

Associate
OP
From what I can gather, since the last windows 10 update there is now a code 52 error. Something to do with digital sigining of drivers. No idea what to do about this!

Associate
Not trying to teach your gran how to suck eggs or something, but have you checked to see that the card hasn't simply popped out it's slot a bit? I've had this happen with cards a few times after installing upgrades and stuff, or sometimes even just changes in temperature can cause it to happen, and I usually pull my hair out looking for a solution before I realise it was something as simple as that.

Associate
This is going to sound really stupid but have you tried changing the install folder? I found for some strange reason that Asus audio stuff often will not install to odd level folders.

Back
Top Bottom