MORE ACER DEALS: THIS TIME BLACK FRIDAY MONITORS - BIG SAVINGS (UPTO £300)!!!

Associate
ForzaHorizon3 now
Battlefield 1
Wolfenstein
Mostly shooters I suppose, lots of Steam games - Rocket League
Asus Z87-K M/board with an i5 4670K (H60 liquid cooled), plus 16GB RAM
Kingston 120GB SSD (plus 2TB)
Corsair Modular 750W PSU + Gainward Windforce 6GB 1060GTX
Creative S/Blaster Z and Roccat Kave 5.1 headphones

Associate
ForzaHorizon3 now
Battlefield 1
Wolfenstein
Mostly shooters I suppose, lots of Steam games - Rocket League
Asus Z87-K M/board with an i5 4670K (H60 liquid cooled), plus 16GB RAM
Kingston 120GB SSD (plus 2TB)
Corsair Modular 750W PSU + Gainward Windforce 6GB 1060GTX
Creative S/Blaster Z and Roccat Kave 5.1 headphones
The Acer 144hz monitor really isn't a good price, but the 240hz monitor is an incredible price, especially with G-Sync. For the sake of £60 you do get a lot more features (G-Sync in itself is worth that extra in my mind) but you might have issue getting your full monies worth by being unable to achieve 240fps consistently.

It all depends on how many games you actually play where you can get 144fps or 240fps consistently; there really aren't many modern games where you can get a smooth 240fps even with a 1080ti. But I would say that many people swear by G-Sync, arguing that it transforms how smooth and enjoyable gameplay is. Also, if you keep the monitor for many years the rest of your PC hardware will no doubt change, and you will likely be able to run many more, older games, at 240fps+

If it was me, I would pick the 240hz monitor every time due to the low price (for what you get) and G-Sync. You can just lock it to 144hz or 120hz anyway if you can't achieve 240fps yet and then put it to 240hz for easier to run games like CS:GO or Rocket League. I would say that your 1060 might struggle to hit 144fps in some games though, but that's where G-Sync comes in. The 240hz monitor is both cheaper and newer than the only other similar G-Sync monitor I can find - AOC G2460PG.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
Only 9pc of 240Hz left, once gone they are gone, Acer are humming and harrrrring about doing any more at this price, so probably back to the same price as everywhere else selling it, over £500. :(

Come on guys, GRAB ONE! Because seriously you won't see it this cheap again and trust me think for a moment, 25", 240Hz, G-SYNC, good connectivity and then think actually yes £299 is a freaking steal for that monitor with that feature set. PLEASE DO NOT MISS OUT!
Not like I need to try and sell these, I am pushing you guys because I'd far rather it is you our forum members who grab one of these and not just a random who rarely shops at OcUK passing by.

Associate
Only 9pc of 240Hz left, once gone they are gone, Acer are humming and harrrrring about doing any more at this price, so probably back to the same price as everywhere else selling it, over £500. :(

Come on guys, GRAB ONE! Because seriously you won't see it this cheap again and trust me think for a moment, 25", 240Hz, G-SYNC, good connectivity and then think actually yes £299 is a freaking steal for that monitor with that feature set. PLEASE DO NOT MISS OUT!
Not like I need to try and sell these, I am pushing you guys because I'd far rather it is you our forum members who grab one of these and not just a random who rarely shops at OcUK passing by.

Missed that great opportunity:(, well i hope Acer would let you do a bargain deal something like this one!

Soldato
The XR342CK (24" Curved Ultrawide) is really catching my eye. I've not seen anything bad about it whilst looking for reviews other than a few comments along the lines of "not a gaming monitor, it doesn't have full freesync support" - how much of a pinch of salt should I take that with? I'd be upgrading from a 24" Dell U2410 that predates all these fancy new "gamer" techs and have had no issues gaming on it! I'm a much more casual gamer than I used to be, rarely touch fast FPS games these days and spend most of my time playing slow paced games or racing sims.
Any reason I shouldn't hit buy now? :D

edit... I caved...

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
The 240Hz deal will make a return on January 1st for 100 units, your getting a heads up, so if you missed out, now is your chance to grab one on January 1st. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

Acer Predator XB252Qbmiprzx 25" 1920x1080 TN G-Sync 240Hz Gaming Widescreen LED Monitor - Black/Red @ £299.99 inc VAT

XB252Qbmiprzx, 1920 x 1080 Resolution, 100,000,000:1 Contrast Ratio, 400cd/m² Brightness, 1ms Response Time, 240Hz, 1x DisplayPort, 1x HDMI Input, 2 Year On-Site Warranty.

Only £299.99 inc VAT - ONLY 100 AVAILABLE!

ORDER NOW

We have 200, the first 100 will be sold at £299.99 and the remaining 100 shall be sold at £349.99, so snooze and you miss out and I doubt we will see any more after this as our cost is £403.33 exc. VAT, so the only way this price is possible is via support from Acer and my guess due to the loss made they won't be bringing any more in or once this lot is gone they are sold out. :)

Associate
I hate monitors. The sooner they make a display port socket that can be fitted to my head the better. The problem is that the ultimate monitor is the gingerbread house of the computing world. You start off eating crumbs and realise there is another just ahead. But each new feature is ever so tempting and once you try, you can't go back, so slowly but surely you get closer and closer to the gingerbread house. The catch is, of course, that you never get there because they keep on moving the house, so eventually you end up stuffed with crumbs, broke, yet still hungry for that ever elusive gingerbread house.

Associate
Hmmm just spotted that deal, tempted to get one tbh to keep me going whilst I weigh up the ultrawide options after CES is over. I have a friend who is interested, so could sell to him at a later date if/when I upgrade.

Silly question, is there a display port cable included or will I need to pick one up separately?

**EDIT** Just spotted that it comes with the cables, might order one later.

Last edited:
Soldato
Stuff it, I've gone for one of those 240hz Predators, should be here tomorrow.

Been using a 4k TV and whilst it's an awesome experience I just think it's a little laggy, not to mention the GPU demands of driving 4k can be tricky with a 1070.

Soldato
Mine arrived yesterday, really impressed with it, it was good out of the box (aside from being massively over bright) at 60hz, at 240hz it's great!

Having owned a Gsync monitor previously I couldn't turn this down at 299.

Associate
How did you guys managed to get it so fast? :confused: Ordered on the 2nd and it still shows Hub 3 - Bham on the tracking site since it reached it on the 3rd. Expected to get it on friday... [in dublin btw] Now earliest i can expect it to show up is monday, prob only tuesday which will make full week. Crazy how dpd manage to keep their business tbh.

Associate
Seen the price of this the other day and kinda just impulse bought one. No idea why as I already have a ASUS PG348Q :confused: but couldn't say no at the price. It is very good though, great for fast paced and twitch movement games. Colours aren't to bad for TN either, but that's not what this monitor is about anyway. Overall very happy.

Back
Top Bottom