Last piece of Tech that made you go "WOW!!"?

Soldato
Has to be putting my oculus rift on for the first time, that and playing dirt rally with it but that was more of a wow I'm going to throw up :D

Soldato

I never even thought about VR until I got the PSVR for Xmas last year.

That and a full driving set up is just spectacular from an immersion point of view.

Associate
I can think of 3, SSD was the last, but prior to that was the flatscreen monitor, my first was an hp 14inch, and after a 17inch crt it was amazing. prior to that was the CD rom,when i got my first CD RW, it was larger than my HDD at the time... that blew me away when i dispensed with floppies for storage and media.

Soldato
FreeSync is legitimately awesome. I have always hated tearing so have always used V-Sync despite the potential input lag, and FreeSync gets rid of that dilemma.

Associate
Voodoo 3dfx... Couldn't believe the difference, still in shock.

Ssd was another awakening.

Recently.. Samsung galaxy gear s3 watch. Kind of thing you would see back in a James bond movie.

Permabanned
I'm gonna put another one in the mix - not PC related:

Automatic Gearboxes

I know there's all kinds, and I know some people still prefer manual, but...

I had a definite wow moment when I drove automatic for the first time. So much easier to drive, feels safer too. I replaced my car sharpish once I realised what I was missing.

Man of Honour
SSD several years ago, I even made a thread on it making me go WOW

A couple of years ago I had a Creative DAC for my PC and that made me go WOW.
I then bought some Fidue A80 in-ear phones which made me cry (this was coming from operations on my ears where I only had 25% hearing).
I then had a Cowon Plenue D which made me go even WOWER.

Not PC related (but it does have editing software) is a Roland GR55 that makes me sound like any guitarist I want.
That makes everybody go WOW.

Back
Top Bottom