New to PC gaming, Self-build 1100£ budget

Associate
Hey guys, I finally managed to save up 1100£ which i am going to use to build my own PC. Would you please be kind enough to recommend a build for me ? Thanks. Please can you include a monitor in this budget, i can stretch the budget to 1200£.

How hard is it to build a PC one you have the parts ?

Regards,

Matt

Man of Honour
How hard is it to build a PC one you have the parts ?
not very. but troubleshooting if the build doesn't start right away may be a bit harder. depends if you want to spend the time.
it's uncommon that this happens. but common enough to factor in your decision to get a premade vs self built computer.

also, do you need peripherals and operating system?

Associate
OP
yea i do need a monitor and would like to play all decent games on proper fps. I guess i'm willing to spend the time as a hobby (hopefully it won't happen). I think i can just use my OS i already have thnks.

Man of Honour
Associate
I'd still probably go for a cheaper monitor, there's not going to be many games that a 1060 will get even 144fps stable. I'd stick to a 1920x1080 60hz to keep the costs down.

Associate
OP
Lol is it worth it to get that monitor, like what makes it special ? How will Gsync help me etc... thanks for the help bro

Associate
Gsync is not necessary really. Any ~£100 1080p monitor should do you well.

For your first build I would recommend spending some time researching build videos on youtube/forums to see step by step how its done. In particular look out for any specifics about the parts you have brought. For example the Ryzen stock coolers can be a little fiddly to get on and its recommended to screw in starting from one corner then the screw diagonal to it (to relieve pressure). Things like this are good to know before you build.

When you do get round to doing it, give yourself a LOT of time for it (like a whole day).

Associate
OP
Hey tamzyy, i'm going to buy the build you suggested. Is that everything I need ? Like after buying this I can just put in together and stuff ?

Man of Honour
Is that everything I need ?
yes, depending on how you're going to install windows, you can install it via usb, hence not many of us spec a optical drive anymore. also make sure you have a (valid) windows key
Like after buying this I can just put in together and stuff ?
yes. again as i said earlier, its not very hard to self build a computer. but troubleshooting if the build doesn't start right away may be a bit harder. depends if you want to spend the time.
it's uncommon that this happens. but common enough to factor in your decision to get a premade vs self built computer.

Man of Honour
@nzaptx 's advice is sound.
For your first build I would recommend spending some time researching build videos on youtube/forums to see step by step how its done. In particular look out for any specifics about the parts you have brought. For example the Ryzen stock coolers can be a little fiddly to get on and its recommended to screw in starting from one corner then the screw diagonal to it (to relieve pressure). Things like this are good to know before you build.

When you do get round to doing it, give yourself a LOT of time for it (like a whole day).

Associate
OP
Fair enough, thanks i'll order this then. I think I will buy your monitor since it's 50% off and looks like a really good deal and value for money. I don't mind spending a bit more. Just one question, why is the 16GB RAM so expensive ? isn't it much cheaper normally ?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom