PC for gaming and streaming

Associate
Hi im looking for a pc that can easily handle decent quality streaming my current overclockers desktop it struggling too much kinda aiming for a budget of £900 and preferably pre made because i dont know how to put one together and need it on finance. can i get a streaming pc for this price? my current pc is close to 2 years old and payed £700 new from overclockers so im hoping £900 will be enough

Soldato
You should list your current specs, to ensure that you don't possibly pay £900 for similar performance to what you paid £700 for nearly two years ago. Prices have risen.

A Ryzen 1600 (or better) would be a better choice for both gaming and streaming PC than an i7-7700. Won't be quite as good for gaming (at 1080p) but will be close, and will stream better. At higher resolutions the gaming difference between those processors becomes less as the GPU becomes the limiter.

Associate
Highly recommend Ryzen 5 1600 for streaming, recently upgraded to this for this reason and can do 720p/60fps without a hitch. If my upload speed was better 1080p would be possible too.

What you can also do is use the old pc as streaming pc and have your new pc speced for max performance possible.

Associate
OP
Yeh its for streaming what i play and im not actually sure what my specs for my old pc are anymore i lost all the paperwork through moving house so many times

Associate
With my Ryzen 1700 + GTX 1080ti I don't notice any difference in a games performance either when I am streaming or not. And I have played many games both on and off stream.
I did put together a second cheaper PC to handle streaming via an Elgato card, but the inability to game at 1440p put an end to that (I used to be able to do that in Windows 8 , but no longer in 10). I went back to doing it all on my main PC to find there was no difference to offloading the stream. (The second PC has nicely come in essential now I have started to use my main PC to mine while not gaming.)

Last edited:
Soldato
My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £805.05 (includes shipping: £13.20)

Add the drive/s from your current system once you receive it (this is easy and tons of vids showing how if needed) and the GTX 960. Upgrade the GTX 960 another time. The Ryzen 1700 will be excellent for streaming.

You'll need it built with at least one drive so go with an SSD like the Samsung if you don't already have an SSD.

No need for Windows, just make sure you activate your current Windows with a digital licence, and then you can use that digital activation in your new system.

I think OcUK had an offer a week ago of building Ryzen systems with no build fee, not sure if that's still current, have to phone or post in Customer Service forum.

Soldato
^^solid above .

but if your truly going to stream- you have two pcs. second stream PC doesn't have to be to powerful .
if your able to find out your specs for current pc, would help

Associate
OP
i have a 110GB ssd and a 1TB HDD and something between 8 and 16gb of ram i thing its 2x8gb
thats all i know about my pc i dont know how to find out the rest sorry

Soldato
Sell the existing PC (including the 110GB SSD and GTX 960 but keep the 1TB HDD for your new system) to help finance a nicer video card.

That way you'll end up with a single system that is much better for both playing games and streaming, than keeping two systems (and having to buy a cheap graphics card for your old system).

With the money left over from your £900 budget and the proceeds from the sale of existing system you could be in GTX 1070 purchase territory.

If you go this route, you'll have to find out two more specs of the present system in order to be able to advertise and sell it - motherboard and PSU. For motherboard, just download CPU-Z and it will tell you. For PSU, open the side panel of the case and have a look.

Alternatively, if you log into your OverclockersUK shop account, you should be able to find the specs, or the name of the system, in the "My Orders" section of your profile.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom