***Guide To Redeeming Digital Movies***

Soldato
Hi all, i have had a number of messages asking how i redeem digital codes through iTunes much cheaper than they are available direct through Apple iTunes. I've put together a quick start guide to allow more people to benefit from this method.

There are people on here who i have learn't from so please feel free to add your input to the thread. :)

First thing you'll need to do is setup a US iTunes account as the digital codes are all US based.

You can do that by following this link here:

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204034

You will need to use a random US address, i used a shop in Florida but you can get US address generators online that will work fine.

UK codes will not redeem through iTunes but they will redeem through VUDU which will then port over to iTunes.

When looking for codes, i use this website, it's a whole list of digital code providers, most are instant delivery but some are up to 1 hour depending on their operating hours.

Always check a few websites for a specific film as some can be cheaper by a few dollars.

http://ultravioletcinema.com/marketplace.php

I also use this Google+ community area, they have 50,000+ active members, most with instant delivery, you can also pay via Paypal. They use Hangouts to communicate. I'll link it below.

https://plus.google.com/communities/104807629505033449769

Now one thing you'll need to remember is, if you redeem an iTunes code direct through iTunes and there is a 4K version of that film available, you get the free upgrade to 4K is using the new Apple 4K TV.

If you redeem a HD code via a partner website such as VUDU/Movies Anywhere then you'll only get HD in iTunes.

If you redeem a 4K code through VUDU/MA then you'll get 4K in iTunes, same applies if you purchase a 4K title from VUDU.

You can redeem VUDU codes through MoviesAnywhere but some people don't like that as some codes offer multiple redemption across different platforms, redeeming a code through MA might burn the code.

You can also redeem Sony digital codes through MA to get it in VUDU and iTunes, if it's not an MA title, it will only be available to watch through MoviesAnywhere.

Redeeming a 4K Sony code which is MA gives you 4K in iTunes.

Some codes are a Foxredeem code which offers multiple platforms to choose from when you pick which service you would like to redeem your code at. Most code providers will let you know how to redeem codes.

So now we have the iTunes part out of the way, what you want to do is visit the VUDU website which is:

https://www.vudu.com/movies/

Now you will need a VPN/Hola etc to sign up and login for the first time but once you are logged in, you stay logged in.

I have started using TunnelBear because it's free for a certain time and it doesn't slow your connection like most VPN providers do but you can use the Hola extension, StrongVPN etc which is also good.

Once you have setup a VUDU account, visit the MoviesAnywhere website and sign up to that, i'll link it below.

https://moviesanywhere.com/explore

You can now link your VUDU and iTunes with MoviesAnywhere, This means movies redeemed via VUDU port over to iTunes. I'll include a screenshot below.

When you are on the MoviesAnywhere website, click your username and choose 'Manage Retailers', this then let's you connect VUDU, iTunes, Google Play and Amazon Video. Remember to have your VPN/Hola on when linking your services.

c4OZcqv.png

When redeeming through VUDU, make sure that the title you are redeeming is a MoviesAnywhere title, it will be a blue box with an M in the middle, i'll also include a picture below.

Oea6ySO.jpg

You can also log into your Apple 4K TV with both your UK and US Apple ID and just choose which one you want to use. Any film redeemed with your US account will play on the Apple TV no problem, no VPN etc needed.

If there is anything i have missed, please post and i'll add it this post.

Any help you need, just let me know, i'm always available to help. :)

Cheers

**Update**

Noticed people having issues signing up to moviesanywhere using a specific VPN service, use NordVPN instead or if you don’t have access then let me know, I pay for the full package and can setup MA for you. :)

**Update**

Just to avoid any issues with new members signing up solely to gain access to Moviesanywhere from the UK, it’s been decided that members seeking an account setup for them must be signed up to the forum for 1 month and have 100 posts, I think this is fair. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
Very useful!
I regularly use an US iTunes account for purchases so makes sense to use it for even more in future.

Associate
Finally had some free time and I've got VUDU and MoviesAnywhere accounts setup. I've linked MA to VUDU/US iTunes/Google but I think I've messed up with link VUDU to my myuv account. I couldn't see an option in VUDU to link to the UltraViolet account, just a button to create one. This created a new account for me not giving an option to link to my existing one. Can someone point me in the right direction to link VUDU to my existing myuv account?

TIA

P.S. I can't see anything in my myuv settings to link the other way either.

Soldato
OP
If you go to Account settings and click on Manage underneath MyUV, you can unlink an existing account and then reconnect a new one.

21_B428_E6_1_FFA_434_D_9927_0_C1_ECD6_C625_Fh.jpg

Associate
It's an age thing, couldn't see the option to link an existing account under that big create account button first time round. Seen it now and they're linked now :) Again thanks for the help.

Associate
Got my library building up well. Got both kingsman movies for less than £9 together which I thought was really good. iTunes upgraded them to 4K too. One bit I am stuck on now is creating a moviesanywhere account, all the VPNs I have tried including TunnelBear it just doesn’t work and knows I am using a VPN.. any ideas? Created a VUDU using vpn without any issue.

Soldato
OP
Got my library building up well. Got both kingsman movies for less than £9 together which I thought was really good. iTunes upgraded them to 4K too. One bit I am stuck on now is creating a moviesanywhere account, all the VPNs I have tried including TunnelBear it just doesn’t work and knows I am using a VPN.. any ideas? Created a VUDU using vpn without any issue.

I’m pretty sure that I created an account using Facebook, I’ll double check tomorrow.

Does it give you that option?

Associate
I was meaning to ask you how you got your movies cheap, but i've been doing this too. I didn't know about that uv cinema website. That's a great one! People sell the movies so cheap. Only thing I don't have is an iTunes us account, but I'll set one up at some point. My net isn't good enough stream 4k anyway, so no rush for that.

Associate
I was successful using NordVPN, I used it while creating all 3 accounts - iTunes US, VUDU and MA.

Tried AirVPN as it was 93p for 3 days and that didn't work either, still knows I am using a VPN. I have tried going through Google/Facebook still same issue. Tried multiple US servers.

It's getting a bit frustrating but I guess I have to keep on trying. I wonder if it knows through my browser somehow, I have tried both IE and Firefox too and also my phone.

Soldato
OP
I was meaning to ask you how you got your movies cheap, but i've been doing this too. I didn't know about that uv cinema website. That's a great one! People sell the movies so cheap. Only thing I don't have is an iTunes us account, but I'll set one up at some point. My net isn't good enough stream 4k anyway, so no rush for that.

I prefer to use the Google+ website as they have more recent films for better prices.

One of the cheaper websites was selling IT (2017) for $8, someone on Google+ had it for sale for $4.50, bargain really.

Soldato
OP
Tried AirVPN as it was 93p for 3 days and that didn't work either, still knows I am using a VPN. I have tried going through Google/Facebook still same issue. Tried multiple US servers.

It's getting a bit frustrating but I guess I have to keep on trying. I wonder if it knows through my browser somehow, I have tried both IE and Firefox too and also my phone.

What about the Hola extension?

Associate
Get a different message with Hola extension

"To register you must be a US resident located within the United States, its territories, or certain associated states at the time of registration."

Soldato
OP
Get a different message with Hola extension

"To register you must be a US resident located within the United States, its territories, or certain associated states at the time of registration."

Strange, my pal at work signed up today using StrongVPN and had no issues.

There’s another one you can try which is called hide my ass, not sure if they offer a free trial though.

Associate
I’ve logged a support ticket with airvpn to see if they could change anything on their side, if not I’ll try another VPN. They (Movies Anywhere) don’t make it easy.

Back
Top Bottom