Need help building new PC, £1500 budget

Associate
Hi everyone I'm looking to build a new PC from scratch but need some help choosing suitable parts. (Apologies for lengthy post, thought I'd give you all as much information as possible.)

Current PC is around 6 years old with some parts pushing the 8 year mark so I feel like it is time to build a new PC. Some parts are newer than others, I've upgraded parts during those 6-8 years but nothing major in a long time and I wanted to get into the habit of buying all the parts at the same time rather than upgrading when I needed to.

I'm looking to upgrade everything here including a new monitor and peripherals, I can wait another month or two for new peripherals if it means getting a better PC for the budget that I had in mind.

Approximate Purchase Date
  • End of March (thought I'd decide on the parts early)
System Usage
  • The PC will mainly be for artwork (screen printed posters,graphic design work) using Photoshop and Illustrator with gaming as a secondary purpose. Tbh I don't game as much as I use to, probably 5 hours a week average (still playing through Witcher 3 expansions....yeah). Only games I'm interested in so far for this year are Kingdom Come and Sea of Thieves. As I said it's mainly for artwork.
Budget
  • My budget is £1500 (can wait another month or two to get peripherals if it means getting a better PC, so maybe another £100-£200?).
Monitor
  • As this is a PC for mainly art purposes I'd like to get a good monitor (IPS because i need the colour accuracy) , only problem is that I don't know whether to get one big monitor (roughly 27inch) or to get two smaller monitors (roughly 24inch each). Surely if I get a bigger monitor I'd need a somewhat beefy gpu? I wasn't really sure what direction to go in so I am in need of some advice.​
  • I'm currently using a 22" and a 19" monitor/s at 1080p, I was thinking of going to 1440p, again I was hoping someone could tell me if I'm best sticking to 1080p, or going to 1440p or even 4k if that was a possibility/worth it for my intended purposes.​
Parts Preference
  • Currently using an Intel CPU so I would like to stick with Intel if possible
  • I like the look of the NZXT H440 case, but feel free to other other suggestions
  • I would like to switch to the new M2 SSD's, again if it in my price range
Overclocking
  • I have no problem overclocking if it would help me
Additional Notes
  • I already have an OS so there is no need to buy
  • I'd like to future proof the new PC so that it will last for atleast 5 years
Any help would be much appreciated, thanks for reading.
aHR0cDovL20uYmVzdG9mbWVkaWEuY29tL3NmcC9pbWFnZXMvZGVzaWduL3Vzci9zbWlsaWVzL3NtaWxlLmdpZg==

Associate
OP
I've been recommended the PC below by a user on a different site and would like people's opinion on it. I have an issue with some of the parts picked, the monitor being a TN panel, the GPU seemed like overkill for the monitor (I could be mistaken), and the lack of a hard drive.

CPU: Intel - Core i5-8600K 3.6GHz 6-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Corsair - H80i v2 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: ASRock - Z370 Pro4 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Video Card: Asus - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB ROG STRIX Video Card
Case: NZXT - S340 Elite (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Cooler Master - 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
Monitor: Asus - VG248QE 24.0" 1920x1080 144Hz Monitor

I'm just not sure if it is suitable for what I need. Again feel free to spec me a completely different build, I'm all ears.

Soldato
I've been recommended the PC below by a user on a different site and would like people's opinion on it. I have an issue with some of the parts picked, the monitor being a TN panel, the GPU seemed like overkill for the monitor (I could be mistaken), and the lack of a hard drive.

CPU: Intel - Core i5-8600K 3.6GHz 6-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Corsair - H80i v2 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: ASRock - Z370 Pro4 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Video Card: Asus - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB ROG STRIX Video Card
Case: NZXT - S340 Elite (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Cooler Master - 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
Monitor: Asus - VG248QE 24.0" 1920x1080 144Hz Monitor

I'm just not sure if it is suitable for what I need. Again feel free to spec me a completely different build, I'm all ears.

gone for different approach.

4K Monitor IPS for your WORK load! not gaming - if your doing graphic or design work with hi res images or having a lot of programs open its a god send .
GTX 1060 - wont drive 4k at all but dial it down to 1080p and high settings with high AA to get rid of the larger pixel edges .
2x 2TB HDD to be set up in RAID 1- again work is first priority so you want it secured with a large storage amount.
500GB SDD to handle OS, Programs and few games you run. Could even make this 2 seperate 250gb drives with one acting as a scratch drive
Silent Bequiet case since again, your main focus is work and nothing worse then lights and sound distracting yourself.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,484.80 (includes shipping: £15.90)

if you want a bit more graphically power for gaming , then compromise can be had. gtx 1070Ti and 1440p screen - make games look pretty and still have pixel power for work

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,577.72 (includes shipping: £20.82)​

Back
Top Bottom