Temjin TJ08B-E/ASUS STRIX 1080TI

Associate
Hello,

I recently purchased an ASUS STRIX 1080ti to replace my ASUS STRIX 980ti. I am waiting for my new GPU to arrive but I am starting to wonder if it would fit into my case (Temjin TJ08B-E)? My case had absolutely no issues with the 980ti (Overclockers did the configuration for me at the time of purchase) and currently lays facing sidewards (to fit into my cabinet - I game in my living room). There has never been an issue with the temperature - I added the optional fan to the rear.

My current motherboard is the Z170M-PLUS INTEL Z170 (SOCKET 1151) DDR4 MICRO ATX.

I don't plan to SLI, but worry that this card is about 1.3cm thicker than my previous card. Does anyone know if the 1080ti will be an issue for my case? I don't think it will be an issue but wanted to check...

E

Associate
OP
Thank you. And I'm assuming my motherboard is also compatible with the new GPU?

Below are the dimensions for my existing card (ASUS STRIX 980ti)
30.5 x 3.98 x 15.22 Centimeter

E

Associate
I also have this case and the main issue is width rather than length. For example the MSI GPU's like Gaming X/ARMOR are too wide to fit in this case, especially when factoring in extra space for the PSU cable being on the side, (its not nice have to squash the cable too much)

Any length is fine on this case. So the 1080Ti STRIX will be good.

Back
Top Bottom