Associate
Hi all
I have reformatted my laptop with fresh windows onto it, but the problem is I have no drivers for it . I have been onto the Samsung website and downloaded the drivers but there not working right for some reason. Is there any free software I can download and put onto the laptop that I can scan and download the drivers for free ?
Many thanks
Paul

Soldato
Make sure you've downloaded the correct drivers or driver package for your specific model, there's probably a lot of variations in spec on similar looking laptops.

Once done make a list of what's not working and go into device manager to see what's got an error next to it.

What exactly isn't working, ethernet, WiFi, touch pad?

Associate
OP
Make sure you've downloaded the correct drivers or driver package for your specific model, there's probably a lot of variations in spec on similar looking laptops.

Once done make a list of what's not working and go into device manager to see what's got an error next to it.

What exactly isn't working, ethernet, WiFi, touch pad?

I have downloaded the right drivers and the Ethernet and WiFi are not working

Soldato
Does seem odd, standard windows-10 drivers should at least get them working.

Is there an error next to them in device manager, just thinking you may have pressed a hot key combo to turn them off or something.

Soldato
I suppose if you are really stuck, a USB WiFi dongle might work, to allow you to run all available windows updates and that might sort it out.

Half the battle with problems like this is getting the machine online so you can run updates, or Samsung may even have some sort of update utility you can download.

Associate
OP
Does seem odd, standard windows-10 drivers should at least get them working.

Is there an error next to them in device manager, just thinking you may have pressed a hot key combo to turn them off or something.
I have put windows xp on it as I did not like the windows it came with . I can see my WiFi connection but even tho it’s password protected it try’s to connect and i can’t enter a password

Caporegime
Windows XP? Dear lord. You're opening yourself up to all sorts of problems with that now. Windows 10 is the best OS for mobile computing, you need to put it back on really.

Soldato
I think we may have identified the problem!

Windows xp, which was great back in the day, is no longer supported. There are probably no compatible drivers available for it, not to mention the security risks of running such an old operating system.

Soldato
Reinstall the version of Windows 10 that your laptop came with and adapt to it. You might be unfamiliar with it's interface, but you will find it better if you give it a chance. Not to mention it's more secure than Windows XP.

Soldato
OP, WinXP is pretty much 20 years old. It is so far behind in terms of compatibility, capability, and security you'd be much better off with Windows 10 and getting used to it.

Back
Top Bottom