What film did you watch last night?

Caporegime
3 billboards outside ebbing Missouri. 8/10
Or what ever it's called...

Free screening at my cinema.

Pretty decent. Well acted by all. Interesting slice of a story and some good quality, over the top, well written characters. 1st new film I've seen this year and a good one to begin with.

Soldato
Hacksaw Ridge - 8.5/10

Andrew Garfield was really engaging in the lead role. The little epilogue from Desmond Doss at the end added some real weight to the story. The battle scenes were pretty graphic and brutal, though in a "true life" story of war, they shouldn't be anything else. Deffo worth a watch...:)

Soldato
Non-Stop. 5/10.

Summed up when the person I was watching it with said towards the end "it is quite intriguing... But it is crap!"

To be fair, despite the ridiculousness of the whole thing, I was interested in finding out what was going on. The ending didn't deliver anything interesting though tbh.

Soldato
Downsizing - 7/10 unlimited Cineworld screening.

I actually really enjoyed this film and found it really funny. Christopher Waltz was just electric in it, I waited with baited breath for him to speak. Every scene he was in was just terrific.

There were downsides (no pun intended) too however. The plot was absolutely all over the place. Not for one minute did I know where the story was going. It was just a total messy shambles of a story. It had about 100 different small stories that didn't at any point seem to come together to form the cohesive whole. It left me a bit baffled but in some ways that didn't really matter as the humour from Waltz's performance just had me hooked.

Soldato
Jim and Andy the great beyond

Really enjoyed it but then I love Jim carrey and Kauffman's humour and then as someone who didn't follow the story at the time found it totally fascinating to see how far Jim went into the role.

A truly great acting performance from someone mostly seen as a 'funny man' but it seems that digging so deep really did effect him .

Soldato
The Snowman - nonsencial rubbish. It has all the murder mystery genre cliches, the character development is terrible, it's very obvious who the killer is, the plot and pacing are poor. 2/10

Soldato
Baby driver 7.8.10
I always watch highly recommended movies once ive watch all the big movies for that reason really good movies stand out I thought it was great.

I enjoyed, I was the same way when i watched, John Wick and Kingsman.

Soldato
Hacksaw Ridge - 8.5/10

Andrew Garfield was really engaging in the lead role. The little epilogue from Desmond Doss at the end added some real weight to the story. The battle scenes were pretty graphic and brutal, though in a "true life" story of war, they shouldn't be anything else. Deffo worth a watch...:)
My film of 2017,superb film and always like a true story.

Associate
Renegades 7/10 -It's pretty much a modern day version of Kelly's Heroes in a way but not got the characters.
Was fine for a low budget action film for an hour or two. For a film like this no need to read much in to the plot and any story line. It's got guns, bullets and explosions. It is what it is.

Caporegime
Mother!

Jessica Lawrence has grown up a lot since she starred in Teen Girl Archery Challenge, and Aaron Aronofsky impressed me with Old Man Boat Challenge, so I was very keen to see this.

Trailers and advertising promoted the movie as a taut psychological thriller, but it's actually a rather tedious extended metaphor crammed with biblical and ecological symbolism. Overall, I found it very disappointing.

I rate Mother! at 16.65 on the Haglee Scale, which works out as 5/10 on IMDB.

Associate
Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri (2017) - 8/10

It’s a dark story full of shocking drama, violence and hatred, but there’s also comedy thanks to the quirkiness in both the characters and the presentation style.

The characters are colourful and the acting is great, as is the use of the setting and the story which brings up some valid points about how cruel and unfair life can be.

Although the ending was fitting, I would have preferred less ambiguity and a slightly longer movie.

Caporegime
Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri (2017) - 8/10

It’s a dark story full of shocking drama, violence and hatred, but there’s also comedy thanks to the quirkiness in both the characters and the presentation style.

The characters are colourful and the acting is great, as is the use of the setting and the story which brings up some valid points about how cruel and unfair life can be.

Although the ending was fitting, I would have preferred less ambiguity and a slightly longer movie.

Me too, sooo wanted that ending that it could have had, the normal Hollywood fashion, wrap it all up. I want that satisfaction after the journey.

Still, a good movie, although not my favourite of the year.

Soldato
Jesus. I must have been watching a different film. I thought it was dull, terribly paced and the ending just topped it off. It tried to be Oscar worthy and failed hard.

Soldato
Darkest Hour - 9/10

During the early days of World War II, the fate of Western Europe hangs on the newly-appointed British Prime Minister Winston Churchill, who must decide whether to negotiate with Hitler, or fight on against incredible odds.

Great film, it made me quite emotional in places. Just loved it. From Gary Oldman's incredible performance to the recreation of the old chamber before it was destroyed by incendiary bombs.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/b...our-creating-winston-churchills-world-1063942

Associate
Darkest Hour (2017) - 6/10

A great performance of Winston Churchill, but I never found the film as rousing or inspiring as it could have been.

The story is well put together, although it does have its ups and downs, but it doesn’t show that much of the drama of the war, focussing almost exclusively on Churchill and the politics at the time instead.

The locations and look of the film are good and the style choices compliment the tone of the film, but I was a bit bored at times.

Back
Top Bottom