Buy a X34A for £400 or wait for the new LG's in march?

Associate
Come on what should i do guys?

£400 is a good price for these monitors in good working order but will the new LG's be around the same price? is it worth the wait or are these LG's going to be twice that price anyway

I got offered a Preditor X34A for £400 with my Ultra wide LG monitor (which is worth £200 tops)

Soldato
Yeah if the sample is pretty solid, that is well worth the price. While there will be new panels which comes with nice features, they will be pricey and regardless, the X34A has a nice complement of specs. Exact same as my PG348Q and that is worth the price, so at half the price jump on it I say.

Associate
OP
I paid £600 a couple of months ago for my X34a & love it.
After selling my previous Acer monitor for £300, I thought it was a good deal.

Yeah if the sample is pretty solid, that is well worth the price. While there will be new panels which comes with nice features, they will be pricey and regardless, the X34A has a nice complement of specs. Exact same as my PG348Q and that is worth the price, so at half the price jump on it I say.

I have an X34a and its sublime.... if you can get one for that price You need to snap that up!

Thanks for the info guys, but I've just found out its a X34 and not an X34A :/ does this make much different should i still do it? I've seen online that the older one (X34) has a lot of issues and they brought out the X34A to fix some of those :/

Soldato
Thanks for the info guys, but I've just found out its a X34 and not an X34A :/ does this make much different should i still do it? I've seen online that the older one (X34) has a lot of issues and they brought out the X34A to fix some of those :/

Primary difference was in the stand design I believe, X34A can swivel.

In regards to fix's, you can get a crappy sample to this day with even the PG348Q and X34A to be honest. The quality is hit and miss to an extent on these panels. As I say, if the sample is decent, so reasonable BLB / Glow (don't expect it to be perfectly black unlessin a dark room unless you get an amazing sample) no noticeable coil whine etc its still solid.

Associate
OP
Primary difference was in the stand design I believe, X34A can swivel.

In regards to fix's, you can get a crappy sample to this day with even the PG348Q and X34A to be honest. The quality is hit and miss to an extent on these panels. As I say, if the sample is decent, so reasonable BLB / Glow (don't expect it to be perfectly black unlessin a dark room unless you get an amazing sample) no noticeable coil whine etc its still solid.

Right he says i can test before buying I'm going to take my PC down with me on this 2 hour drive, is there anything i can run to test the pannel for everything? maybe a bit of software that runs all colour bits and sharpness screen tearing etc etc, he also stated he could never get it to go over 95hz but I also don't think he knows too much about computers and is just a pure gamer

Soldato
Right he says i can test before buying I'm going to take my PC down with me on this 2 hour drive, is there anything i can run to test the pannel for everything? maybe a bit of software that runs all colour bits and sharpness screen tearing etc etc, he also stated he could never get it to go over 95hz but I also don't think he knows too much about computers and is just a pure gamer

Nothing specific. I would try to keep an ear out for coil whine from the panel (inflicted one of my panels with white screen / webpage up) which was annoying in quiet room. Can take a look at any bleed / glow in a dark room I guess but as I said, do need to realize BLB/ glow is pretty common on these panels. For tearing, just run a game mostly. I would ensure you enable G-Sync and V-Sync in Nvidia control panel to properly test.

95Hz may just be the limit. Some panels can't seem to do 100hz all the time but I expect 95Hz is still okay.

Do you connect via HDMI or DP?
Displayport. G-Sync and the 100hz only works via that connection. Your limited to 50hz at stock and no G-Sync via HDMI on these panels (can tweak it to 60hz manually but still no G-sync)

Associate
OP
Okay guys guess I'll take and 2 hour drive tomorrow and see how it is mainly on coil whine and screen tearing, he says he has a PC with lots of games i can test :)

Associate
OP
£400 seems a steal at that price, get it whilst you can.

Just worried with the amount of bad outcomes from these monitors, see a lot of people on here complaining. But i guess for that price it's worth a shot ey? its more the 2 hour drive I'm bothered about losing out on haha

Soldato
Just worried with the amount of bad outcomes from these monitors, see a lot of people on here complaining. But i guess for that price it's worth a shot ey? its more the 2 hour drive I'm bothered about losing out on haha

With most things. People are most vocal when things are not wrong vs the silent majority who are happy. I expect while there are more issues with these panels then similar item's given they are being pushed up from native a fair bit, the majority on the whole will still work nice.

Back
Top Bottom