PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS - Thread

Soldato
In regards to using stats to determine hackers @Shimmy - watch this clip:
https://clips.twitch.tv/FrailSucculentMosquitoNerfRedBlaster

Yet here is the cheater's stats:
https://pubg.op.gg/user/hblchiji?server=na

Cheating is rife. Cheating has a real chance to cripple the games longevity for a lot of people due to the nature of the game (each game taking 30 minutes, rather than hopping on CoD for 10 minute rounds). People need to stop hiding their heads in the sand to this issue just because either 1) they don't experience it much (the wider community does, this is difficult to dispute) or 2) they dont notice it.

Associate
Anyone having issues with frametimes in pubg?

I've tried literally everything and its a stuttery mess.

Decent rig;
i7 5820K
16gb DDR4 2400Mhz
980Ti
Samsung 960 SSD

Tried changing all graphics settings and messing around with vsync on/off fast etc etc but my frametimes still frequently spike up around 40ms especially in combat or heavily populated areas.

Is it just me or is the game still poorly optimised?

Ta

Soldato
I'm guessing that when somebody is third person peeking you and their camera is snapping between you and your teammate erratically with pinpoint precision they're aimbotting?

2nd one in two days, I think this game is dead until they fix the wonky performance on FPP. Duo partner took shots on somebody with an SKS yesterday who proceeded to spin 180 and instantly headshot him with a 98k.

Associate
Anyone having issues with frametimes in pubg?

I've tried literally everything and its a stuttery mess.

Decent rig;
i7 5820K
16gb DDR4 2400Mhz
980Ti
Samsung 960 SSD

Tried changing all graphics settings and messing around with vsync on/off fast etc etc but my frametimes still frequently spike up around 40ms especially in combat or heavily populated areas.

Is it just me or is the game still poorly optimised?

Ta

I have near enough the same rig as you and i get between 70-90 on high @ 3440x1440 and smooth so has to be something else.

Soldato
My friend got partner for PUBG Japan so was given an custom server to use.

Played a few matches in it and in the second one managed to score a win with 2 Japanese friends. 3 of us was holding the middle of the final circle against 2 other teams and holding them against the wall as it crushed them.

Had a tricky moment in the last minute where some sneaky snake in the grass downed one of us, raced over to revive him and got shot myself, managed to stay up and revive him fully next to this rock, both of us healed and both stood up at the same time and at the same time like we was synced both started to fire at the guy moving in the grass, it looked so cool. lol

Been ages since I played PUBG, it's all coming back to me.

Soldato
Yup, the cheating has made its way over to FPP well and truly.

Almost pointless playing this game now, whats the fun when people can see you through buildings, shoot twice as fast with no recoil and get all the loot because they can see where it is.

Absolute ****ing joke. Glad I've made my money back of it twofold while it was still fun.

Soldato
From benchmarks I saw quite a while ago, the speed of your RAM could be holding you back. There seemed to be big benefits from increased FSB speeds?
Very possibly. I'd been playing about with ram settings a while back and forgot I'd left xmp disabled after I'd gotten bored - so ram was 2333. Game was a stuttering mess, timeframe spikes, lag everything. Flicked xmp back on (2933) and everything was fine again. Admittedly this is on a Ryzen system which loves faster ram.

Soldato
Played an awful lot of TPP EU squads his evening, and extremely unusually, don't think we came across a single cheater of any kind. Last week, it seemed like every other game had an unusually frequent name in the kill feed, or a definite dodgy kill cam.

Soldato
Yup, the cheating has made its way over to FPP well and truly.

Almost pointless playing this game now, whats the fun when people can see you through buildings, shoot twice as fast with no recoil and get all the loot because they can see where it is.

Absolute ****ing joke. Glad I've made my money back of it twofold while it was still fun.

Yup, why the developers allow Chinese and Russian players to connect to EU and US servers I'll never know. Not to sound nationalist but they really are the majority of the cheaters, the culture is just different in those places and cheating isn't anywhere near as no no as it is in the West.

They should rename it ScripterUnknown's BotterGrounds at this point.

Soldato
I'm not sure whether its just that i cant spot cheaters, and I'm not sure how much you guys play but in my 150 hours I've only spotted possibly 1 cheater and even then i wasn't sure as there was no deathcam.

Soldato
In regards to using stats to determine hackers @Shimmy - watch this clip:
https://clips.twitch.tv/FrailSucculentMosquitoNerfRedBlaster

Yet here is the cheater's stats:
https://pubg.op.gg/user/hblchiji?server=na

Cheating is rife. Cheating has a real chance to cripple the games longevity for a lot of people due to the nature of the game (each game taking 30 minutes, rather than hopping on CoD for 10 minute rounds). People need to stop hiding their heads in the sand to this issue just because either 1) they don't experience it much (the wider community does, this is difficult to dispute) or 2) they dont notice it.
That looked more like a bug to me with how fast he healed but I agree that would've stopped me playing for a few weeks.

Soldato
Yup, why the developers allow Chinese and Russian players to connect to EU and US servers I'll never know.

Way back when the intention was to bring out private servers, which would have had the same effect by limiting pings. Now the whole thing has became a giant cash cow for Bluehole, literally spawning its own studio and with international rights etc, they dont seem interested in giving away the power of running servers to the players. I suppose the reason there isn't a ping limit is because when you have a server farm covering Europe, you can have people with pretty lousy connections in 'Europe' who wouldnt make the mark. Chinese players will shortly be locked into their own servers because the Government demands it, so they can say that addresses '60% of hacking' or whatever those stats they came out with said.

Basically, Bluehole are making cash hand over fist just doing it the way they're doing it, why bother changing for a couple of people quitting because of cheats? Typical of a studio with a monopoly.

Soldato
I'm not sure whether its just that i cant spot cheaters, and I'm not sure how much you guys play but in my 150 hours I've only spotted possibly 1 cheater and even then i wasn't sure as there was no deathcam.
60 hours here, I've only spotted one cheater I know definitely was and that was last night. The night before the Kar98k instant 500m headshot guy did it to my duo buddy so I only saw it live, couldn't see a deathcam.

Cheaters are obvious, if they have dodgy and robotic camera movement in 3rd person and instantly put 10 VSS rounds in your head before you can fire even one as they peek, I have good reflexes made even better by Tekken/Street Fighter and I couldn't fire one shot off before I died instantly. At first I was like damn that was fast, then watched the Deathcam and it was hilarious how glaringly obvious the cheats were before he even took a shot. His username didn't help either, something Russian.

Way back when the intention was to bring out private servers, which would have had the same effect by limiting pings. Now the whole thing has became a giant cash cow for Bluehole, literally spawning its own studio and with international rights etc, they dont seem interested in giving away the power of running servers to the players. I suppose the reason there isn't a ping limit is because when you have a server farm covering Europe, you can have people with pretty lousy connections in 'Europe' who wouldnt make the mark. Chinese players will shortly be locked into their own servers because the Government demands it, so they can say that addresses '60% of hacking' or whatever those stats they came out with said.

Basically, Bluehole are making cash hand over fist just doing it the way they're doing it, why bother changing for a couple of people quitting because of cheats? Typical of a studio with a monopoly.

Yeah the developers definitely don't care, but Fortnite will end up killing this game is cheaters aren't dealt with. The Fortnite devs even go as far as to sue cheaters to scare others straight, whereas the PUBG devs do nothing but occasionally hand out a ban to Mr.492850394 with a DBZ avatar, one game in his library and 10 hours played.

It's how PUBG killed H1Z1 isn't it, the developers looked at everything H1 did wrong and everything people disliked and then made a game specifically without those flaws, it could happen to Bluewaffle too if they are not careful.

Back
Top Bottom