January Transfer Window 2017/18

Soldato
#WelcomeTheo

Then you remember he's 29 and we'll pay £20m for him. Great work Walsh you fraud.
Don't panic, Les Reed says he's confident Saints will get his signature. Just like he was confident Koeman wouldn't leave for Everton. And that we'd sign Alderweireld.

Don
City maybe envisaged Jesus being out longer and now hes reported to be back by the end of the month.
Yep, the closer to Jesus being back the less City need him. Sanchez isn't going to change the outcome of the league but he would allow Pep an extra pair of legs to rest the likes of Aguero which is why I thought City would have moved for him straight away once Jesus got injured. City play 8 times this month and you'd have thought Pep wouldn't want to run Aguero into the ground just before the CL starts up again. The fact that they haven't done the deal yet makes you think their stance on his value isn't going to change in the next 2 weeks or so.

I do wonder where Sanchez will play because he does a similar role to KDB and he's unlikely to take the place of Sterling, Aguero or Jesus. He may find himself on the bench more than he does at Arsenal and may not like it. At Arsenal he's almost guaranteed to start every match he's fit.
There's enough games and he's capable of playing in enough positions to mean that he'll play more than enough.

Soldato
If he's not driven by maximizing money he'd be stupid to chose Jose over Pep. If that's realistically what he's choosing between.

Man of Honour
OP
Mourinho on Sanchez:

When asked if Sanchez is a player United want this month, the Portuguese said: "I don't think it is ethical or correct to be speaking about players of other clubs.

"If somebody speaks about one of my players, to say we are interested or not I wouldn't be very happy.

"Sanchez is an Arsenal player. I don't know but probably this weekend he is going to wear Arsenal colours. I don't think it is correct to say things about Alexis Sanchez.

"At a general level, what I can say is that myself and the Manchester United board, we do not believe a lot in the January market. We don't believe in signing a player just to do something.

"What we believe is there are some players in the football world where, if you have a chance to sign them, whether it is in January, March or July, then you have to try.

"In relation to Sanchez all I can say, which everyone else says, is that he is a phenomenal player. I feel I shouldn't say much more than this."

This at least means he's interested, IMO.

City are saying they're prepared to miss out, as per the article here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42668562

As people have mentioned, due to his age and City's current attacking lineup, he'd get in the team for sure but players like Sane, Jesus and Sterling should all get better and not worse over the next few seasons.

Caporegime
Meh we are going to lose him either way so if we can get some money for him great. But I reckon he will leave for free in the summer to City, I can’t see him choosing Utd over City in any way, shape or form.

RVP was different as he wanted to go to Utd, Sanchez so far has kept quiet about where he wants to go. But I reckon he will join Pep next season and not Mourinho;).

Soldato
Asking and getting is to different things so you get nothing for him and you don't get top 4 it makes it even less sense to keep him if you get top 4 then not as bad but it's a big gamble
20m is more or less nothing. Barely gets you a 16 year old for that price so yea 20m and 0 is not a huge difference especially how arsenal ain't strapped for cash

Back
Top Bottom