£1000 gaming build

Soldato
Any thought or improvements on this for a gaming build?

I have been tasked to get "ultra settings" for a new to PC gaming friend. He intends to play on a 1080p/60 TV.

Struggling really to shoehorn the 1070 in and still get a respectable CPU to match it.

What I have so far:

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £990.10 (includes shipping: £12.30)​

He will be getting hand me down kb/mouse and windows is covered already

Soldato
Total: £1,001.45 (includes shipping: £12.60)

It's been seen that if a 1060 doesn't provide 60 fps on Ultra @ 1080p (it does in most games), there's a good chance a 1070 won't either. Sure, you could have a couple of settings a bit higher but probably not all. So it's just a handful of games and very demanding settings (which tend to make no noticeable difference) that even a 1080Ti can barely handle at 1080p. Would be a different story if he was going to play on a higher refresh rate monitor.

So I'd go for better balanced build with a good PSU, CPU that will stand the test of time a bit more, better mobo, and a nice 500GB SSD and case.

Soldato
OP
That is a much nicer balance. Could save a little on the case too as it wont be on show.

Might go for a 2TB SSHD instead of the SSD only as this is for a new user and 500gb can be filled rather quickly with a few AAA games.

Soldato
That is a much nicer balance. Could save a little on the case too as it wont be on show.

Might go for a 2TB SSHD instead of the SSD only as this is for a new user and 500gb can be filled rather quickly with a few AAA games.

would personally keep the 500 GB SSD mentioned above or MX300 which is 525GB - extra space for OS- mainly due to SSD prices staying high and may creep up. HDD will always remain a constant price , or the Disk space will increase but keep a low price.

Total: £1,099.06 (includes shipping: £11.10)​

3 year warranty and better PCB and design then Palit Dual^^

Back
Top Bottom