January Transfer Window 2017/18

Soldato
I realize that but arsenal are at risk of loseing ozil for nothing that 2 of there best players so that's going to take quite a bit of money to replace them 2 with the same quality and that isn't going to improve arsenal its going to keep them at same level when other teams your fighting against are going to improve ie liverpool united city and chelsea so to keep up and trying to get top 4 next season is going to cost a fortune which wenger doesnt like spending which is a shame as they used to play some really good football

Soldato
Rumours flying about that keita deal been reached, he will play Saturday and will be his last apparently then join us, started due to him registering his company over here. We have also upped the offer to eclipse dijk deal. Huge pinch of salt needed mind

Associate
Theo Walcott will be the new Nicky Barmby.

He will come to Everton and resurrect his career, score a glut of goals and put himself back in contention for the World Cup.

Then he will push for a transfer to Liverpool.

It's nailed on. You heard it here first. :D:D:D

Man of Honour
OP
Duncan Castles has written an article saying Man Utd are increasingly confident about getting Sanchez. Last night further comments from Mourinho's press conference were published, saying things like:

"The balance of the squad is made in the summer, unless you have a dramatic situation with a crazy number of injuries and you are pushed for emergency deals. But sometimes it can happen: on the table there's a fantastic opportunity and you fight for that opportunity.

"If it happens, it happens; if it doesn't happen, it doesn't. But I like my squad, I like my players; the more time I spend with them, the more I like them. And this week [in Dubai] was also good to be sure of that."

"So let's say in the summer we have three targets - a defender, a midfielder and an attacking player - if, in the winter, you do one of the three, then in the summer you are going to do three minus one.

"We like our squad, we believe in our squad - it's just about improving it in a balanced way. So if we do something now, it has to be something we really believe is the right thing to do for the team."

There's certainly something in this, whether it will transpire or not is another matter...

Sanchez hasn't travelled to Bournemouth today, and he is fit.

Don
All the rags are linking the fact that Sanchez hasn't travelled with a move to Utd being imminent. £400k per week, £30m to Arsenal + heft signing on and agent fee for a player that's spent 18 months stood with his hands on his hips.

Man of Honour
OP
All the rags are linking the fact that Sanchez hasn't travelled with a move to Utd being imminent. £400k per week, £30m to Arsenal + heft signing on and agent fee for a player that's spent 18 months stood with his hands on his hips.

I'm still not sure at the moment, I think he prefers City but if they are flat out refusing to pay as much as us, we have a chance. I'm not worried about his potential commitment, his age means he'd have to give his all.

He can't be that bothered about club trophies anyway or he wouldn't have joined Arsenal in the first place :p

Don
I'm still not sure at the moment, I think he prefers City but if they are flat out refusing to pay as much as us, we have a chance. I'm not worried about his potential commitment, his age means he'd have to give his all.

He can't be that bothered about club trophies anyway or he wouldn't have joined Arsenal in the first place :p
John Cross, although a giant **** is close to Arsenal, tweeted the other day that it was all about money for Sanchez. He is generally wrong though so I'd take that with a pinch of salt.

If the reports are true and Utd are offering him £100-150k per week more than City and willing to pay him & his agent big signing on fees, I'm sure he wouldn't be the only player to have his head turned. The wage difference alone could be worth over £20m more over a 3 year contract.

Don
It would be a surprise if Arsenal did let him join Utd, even if they are willing to pay them £10m more than City. City are out of sight both this season and realistically for the foreseeable future too. While it's still only an outside chance, Utd are catchable for Arsenal both in the short term and in future seasons - lose your best player and strengthen a side you want to compete with for the sake of £10m seems a little short-sighted.

Man of Honour
OP
Yeah, although in terms of spending (which is the key factor) we are more likely than Arsenal to be buying 2-3 big players every season as required.

There seems to be a big gulf in the wages/fees being mentioned, will City decide to match it?

Simon Stone @sistoney67
Think this is one Man Utd won't believe is done until it is over the line. As recently as late last week, people inside club felt Sanchez to City was more or less certain. City felt player would prefer to join them. Interesting to see if Pep Guardiola makes a final push.

Don
As I suspected, we're not willing to pay a significant amount to get Keita early. Red Bull have released a statement saying that Keita will stay there until the summer and that the only chance of him moving was if we paid them a huge fee in addition to what we've already agreed but that isn't happening.
30m is not too bad but wished it was 50m as his worth that much even with 6 months left on the contract
Evidently he's not if he's being sold for £30m.

Back
Top Bottom