HP ML330 G6 BIOS - help with updating / downloading

Soldato
Playing around with a spare one of these and would like to update the BIOS

It's got an E5504 CPU which I'd like to change to an X5650 (which is supported according to HP)

Problem is that the HP support website is confusing as hell, and I'm pretty sure it wants me to have a support contract before I can download the file

cp028092.exe is the file

Any ideas?

Associate
yep, is why I went of HP :(

Things like this spectre vulnerability will not be updated at BIOS level for your systems unless you ahve a support contract.

Man of Honour
yep, is why I went of HP :(

Things like this spectre vulnerability will not be updated at BIOS level for your systems unless you ahve a support contract.

This is not correct, it wont be patched because intel wont patch it. However security fixes do not require an entitlement to download. This is clearly stated in this document: https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=c04044353

HP said:
Validation is not required for iLO, controller components either embedded or external to the system board, drivers or any other download content in the Drivers, Software & Firmware section of HPESC. “Critical” related firmware updates (addressing safety and security fixes) will be made available to all ProLiant customers outside of a warranty or support contract and are governed by "customer terms of use".

Associate
I sit corrected, and am keeping my fingers crossed this one is deemed critical so I can update my Microserver.

So, OP - using Vinces info, I went on to the HPE site, went to the BIOS section of your server and expanded revision history. keyword search for critical resulted in the latest <downloadable for everyone> BIOS for your server, located here:

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX_ce14bc816e384a20b3c58c837c

Unfortunately is Aug 2013, might not be recent enough for you. Keep your fingers crossed they release a critical one for specrte for your machine.

Man of Honour
I sit corrected, and am keeping my fingers crossed this one is deemed critical so I can update my Microserver.

So, OP - using Vinces info, I went on to the HPE site, went to the BIOS section of your server and expanded revision history. keyword search for critical resulted in the latest <downloadable for everyone> BIOS for your server, located here:

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX_ce14bc816e384a20b3c58c837c

Unfortunately is Aug 2013, might not be recent enough for you. Keep your fingers crossed they release a critical one for specrte for your machine.

We can but hope buddy! I have some g7 stuff that I am hoping also gets the critical bug fixes! I would say you should have a very good idea in the next 2 months if you will get lucky or not :)

Back
Top Bottom