GERMANIUM

Associate
Hi guys, I think I will be choosing this rig, I am looking at ryzen as well, but I think this rig will keep up with graphics cards in 5 years. Anyone knows until when is the sale going?? I wanted the asus 1070ti strix but its is currently out of stock and OC will only get them on the 26th. Will it be too late by then?

Soldato
Hi guys, I think I will be choosing this rig, I am looking at ryzen as well, but I think this rig will keep up with graphics cards in 5 years. Anyone knows until when is the sale going?? I wanted the asus 1070ti strix but its is currently out of stock and OC will only get them on the 26th. Will it be too late by then?

if you order from them know, stock would be assigned to your build- if you wait- price will either go up or more people will buy and be onto back-log list and you could miss out all together

Associate
I assume you mean the £200 off on the Germanium? Tbh it’s been that price since I started looking at prebuilds before Xmas so it hasn’t changed. But just order it and wait for the Strix 1070TI to come into stock.

I am about to pull the trigger on that exact rig but with the default Strix 1080TI. Just waiting for a quote to come back from OcUK as want to add some Halos (as going for the cheaper Pro M glass Phanteks case) an RGB strip and a fan hub.

Soldato
I assume you mean the £200 off on the Germanium? Tbh it’s been that price since I started looking at prebuilds before Xmas so it hasn’t changed. But just order it and wait for the Strix 1070TI to come into stock.

I am about to pull the trigger on that exact rig but with the default Strix 1080TI. Just waiting for a quote to come back from OcUK as want to add some Halos (as going for the cheaper Pro M glass Phanteks case) an RGB strip and a fan hub.

also had much better air flow at the front end :D

Associate
also had much better air flow at the front end :D

Yep – better Front and Top airflow was a factor in my decision. The interior is the same as the Evolv (default case for the Germanium) so just paying for some nice aluminium fascias and a lot of extra weight. I may have to move mine around so the weight saving is also a bonus.

Soldato
Yep – better Front and Top airflow was a factor in my decision. The interior is the same as the Evolv (default case for the Germanium) so just paying for some nice aluminium fascias and a lot of extra weight. I may have to move mine around so the weight saving is also a bonus.

i think the evo is lighter ? both are steel on the inside - but if evo has glass for the rear panel, yeah will be heavy!
used lian li PC-O11- alumin and steel inside but to large pieces of glass and all that weight saving was out the window haha

Associate
i think the evo is lighter ? both are steel on the inside - but if evo has glass for the rear panel, yeah will be heavy!
used lian li PC-O11- alumin and steel inside but to large pieces of glass and all that weight saving was out the window haha

Pro M TG listed as 7.4kg Net / 9.0kg Gross (assume that means with all supplied parts fitted)

Evolv is 10.2 / 11.9

Associate
I was looking at the 400C, but I am stil not sure. If I can recall when I spoke with them, they told me that the motherboard is the Asus strix☺

Case is an individual choice and many options.

Yes the mobo is the Strix F Gaming as default but can change it if you wish to the E (if you need wifi, BT or prefer the lighter colour scheme), Maximus X Hero, Gigabyte Aorus 7 etc. The PSU is the Super Flower Leadex II 850W and I am pretty sure the cooler is the 240+ version which is the Asetek 570LX with the thicker 38mm rad compared to the 30mm that comes with the regular 240.

There is a good review here:

http://bit-tech.net/reviews/tech/pcs/overclockers-uk-gaming-germanium-review/1/

Soldato
I was looking at the 400C, but I am stil not sure. If I can recall when I spoke with them, they told me that the motherboard is the Asus strix☺

If you were self building, id put you off the 400C as its a pain in the butt! and AIO/ram height clash if mounting at the top- but if its prebuilt - its a nice case to look at haha

Associate
I am interested in purchasing this system. I have a question about the audio output on this motherboard. My current system has a soundcard which is connected to a Dolby Digital Decoder via SPDIF using Dolby Digital Live. The motherboard on the Germanium system has SPDIF out. Do the drivers support DDL? I have looked on the Asus website and at reviews but it is not clear whether the motherboard supports DDL.
If it does not can someone advise whether there is another similar spec motherboard that does. I would like to keep my current decoder and speakers if possible as the combination works well and gives very good sound quality.
Thank you in advance for any advice.

Soldato
I am interested in purchasing this system. I have a question about the audio output on this motherboard. My current system has a soundcard which is connected to a Dolby Digital Decoder via SPDIF using Dolby Digital Live. The motherboard on the Germanium system has SPDIF out. Do the drivers support DDL? I have looked on the Asus website and at reviews but it is not clear whether the motherboard supports DDL.
If it does not can someone advise whether there is another similar spec motherboard that does. I would like to keep my current decoder and speakers if possible as the combination works well and gives very good sound quality.

Aorus 7 features the best On board audio out of the Z370 boards- asus rog x399 zenith uses the same DACs as it but thats a £500 board haha

http://www.gigabyte.us/Motherboard/Z370-AORUS-Gaming-7-rev-10#kf

click on audio and expand it but couldn't see about DDL

seems asus and gigabte dont have licence for DDL

Last edited:
Associate

Can’t help with that as I’m a simple headphones plugged straight into the onboard jack kinda guy.

At this rate we will need a “Germanium Owners Thread” :)

Associate
OP
If you were self building, id put you off the 400C as its a pain in the butt! and AIO/ram height clash if mounting at the top- but if its prebuilt - its a nice case to look at haha
I used to self build, but due to the nature of my work, I am buying a pre-built one, when I get home I currently have no patience to do it:D. But thanks for that amazing tip as I intend to keep the case for a future computer:)! Corsair out of question then! Do OC install an OS if you remove it from the build?? I have my own Win10 so I do not mind installing it myself. Just need to find out if it's ok to had some stuff I have here without losing warranty! I have the SSHD and ssd from this machine working fine so it's less things to add!

Associate
OP
Case is an individual choice and many options.

Yes the mobo is the Strix F Gaming as default but can change it if you wish to the E (if you need wifi, BT or prefer the lighter colour scheme), Maximus X Hero, Gigabyte Aorus 7 etc. The PSU is the Super Flower Leadex II 850W and I am pretty sure the cooler is the 240+ version which is the Asetek 570LX with the thicker 38mm rad compared to the 30mm that comes with the regular 240.

There is a good review here:

http://bit-tech.net/reviews/tech/pcs/overclockers-uk-gaming-germanium-review/1/
The F version of the strix was the one I was interested so that was perfect. Thanks for that link!!!!! Really cleared my mind of any doubts, as I was still thinking about ryzen. It's for 1440p gaming and I really think that this MOBO and CPU will last me at least 5 years, by the time I will require and update I will just get a bundle!

Associate
I would assume they would install an image to run their stress tests etc and then delete it if you opted for no OS.

Received my quote this afternoon. Just need to query a couple of points but hoping to order it on Friday. Glad the price has not increased as a few components have gone up like the Strix 1080ti.

Soldato
I would assume they would install an image to run their stress tests etc and then delete it if you opted for no OS.

Received my quote this afternoon. Just need to query a couple of points but hoping to order it on Friday. Glad the price has not increased as a few components have gone up like the Strix 1080ti.

My guess is certain stock is allocated to builds, and they keep the price of that item at the price they bought it. Newer resale items might cost more to bring in and have the highest tag. Makes the pre-built systems good value .
Good be wrong but ocuk are good with selling stock at what they bought it, then liking up price for next batch ... Unless it's Vega hahaha

Back
Top Bottom