Looking to get in to VR but sooo confused.....help

Soldato
Thanks for that dude but what will it do?.....also I'm not very good with technical stuff so do you mean I have to run it from c prompt?.....A bit of tech help might help me if that's possible..buts thanks so far

It'll check the integrity of your windows files and fix them if it finds anything wrong, assuming you are running windows 10, click start, type cmd, right click the command prompt option that appears and click on run as administrator, type sfc /scannow into the new window that opens and hit return, it'll take about 5 - 10 minutes to process generally and will let you know if it finds anything.

Associate
OP
It'll check the integrity of your windows files and fix them if it finds anything wrong, assuming you are running windows 10, click start, type cmd, right click the command prompt option that appears and click on run as administrator, type sfc /scannow into the new window that opens and hit return, it'll take about 5 - 10 minutes to process generally and will let you know if it finds anything.

Once again thank-you....well just to let you know I took my PC to my local repair man.he's quite good and I've used him before do I know he's not goi ng to have my pants down.....secondly I'm running wi does 7 but if I was to format is it now time to go to Windows 10... I had read some bad stuff about updates and driver issues with certain hardware and it put me right off....

Associate
OP
Hi guys, well since I got my rift back in the back end of November I can now report that I am finally up and running. It's been a bit of a slog but due to technical and my own stupidity issues we are there. This is my journey in to VR. Well I was really pleased to get the rift but the Mrs decided it was to be a Christmas present. Ok I though I can wait. I got loads of great advice from you guys as to prepare myself for my journey......not listening to some of this advice was my first major mistake. Well Christmas arrived and I got ready to install the software. Bang first problem....software tells Me I need to install some updates so I set about it....no luck....so did some leg work and found a way around it...great..off we go software is starting to install....Bang next problem I got issues with my windows software which I could not have know about. Well long story short I had my pc reformatted and windows put back on.....now let's go again ..This time got the software to install ..great....Boom.....next problem...Whilst setting the hardware up I keep getting error msgs regarding my usb ports. Well now I find out that the chips et on my mobo isn't compatible with the rift (...If I had listened and ran the oculus compatability tool I would have know this from the off).....so,I get an inateck usb card and off we go again.....This time it's green lights....good to go ...so now it's all running...god what do I try first.......well I want to go steady so I install air car. ........fak me it's great I went steady and felt Ok. So now I installed oculus tray tool ...just added a bit of ss not too much didn't really change much else. Want to put steam vr on next. Now I'm ready to rock and roll....going to try a few free things first before I jump in to a full blown game.....would like to play lone echo...what do you guys think would be good to get started....well that was my journey into vr. ....was it worth it.? ...oh yes.......now the real journey begins. .....only problem is none of my friends own a rift so I might just have to find some new rift friends. ...

Soldato
Heck of a ride, grats on getting there. Knock up melmac, there's a small ocuk steam VR group that needs to grow larger. If Lone echo is a thing, give the Echo Arena a try. It's multiplayer, but you'll have a laugh the first time you play it.

Games, experiences, VR has so much. Give Payday 2 a roll if you like action.

Associate
Well done - you've made it!

I've just started my VR journey, having collected a Rift from OC last friday - what a week it's been!

I would recommend: SuperHot, Google Earth VR, Audioshield, The Climb and Elite Dangerous (if you have a HOTAS). That covers a huge range of bases. My sessions tend to end up with me mainly being utterly stunned by the whole VR experience. Awesome.

I've installed Lone Echo, but not tried it yet - soon.

I believe the From Other Suns is on a free weekend in 6 days time.

Soldato
Hi guys, well since I got my rift back in the back end of November I can now report that I am finally up and running. It's been a bit of a slog but due to technical and my own stupidity issues we are there. This is my journey in to VR. Well I was really pleased to get the rift but the Mrs decided it was to be a Christmas present. Ok I though I can wait. I got loads of great advice from you guys as to prepare myself for my journey......not listening to some of this advice was my first major mistake. Well Christmas arrived and I got ready to install the software. Bang first problem....software tells Me I need to install some updates so I set about it....no luck....so did some leg work and found a way around it...great..off we go software is starting to install....Bang next problem I got issues with my windows software which I could not have know about. Well long story short I had my pc reformatted and windows put back on.....now let's go again ..This time got the software to install ..great....Boom.....next problem...Whilst setting the hardware up I keep getting error msgs regarding my usb ports. Well now I find out that the chips et on my mobo isn't compatible with the rift (...If I had listened and ran the oculus compatability tool I would have know this from the off).....so,I get an inateck usb card and off we go again.....This time it's green lights....good to go ...so now it's all running...god what do I try first.......well I want to go steady so I install air car. ........fak me it's great I went steady and felt Ok. So now I installed oculus tray tool ...just added a bit of ss not too much didn't really change much else. Want to put steam vr on next. Now I'm ready to rock and roll....going to try a few free things first before I jump in to a full blown game.....would like to play lone echo...what do you guys think would be good to get started....well that was my journey into vr. ....was it worth it.? ...oh yes.......now the real journey begins. .....only problem is none of my friends own a rift so I might just have to find some new rift friends. ...

well done, now read up on paragraphs

Back
Top Bottom