• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

thoughts on my purchase?

los

los

Associate
this is the thing, people keep sayin, ooh yeh upgrade, thats a 350 quid upgrade (second hand) iv spent my money haha, there is no "buy a different cpu" option, also, i cannot just return a cpu to the big auction site when i got a bundle of mobo and cpu
That's not strictly true, I've known people to make up a fault or actually deliberately cause a fault to return stuff. The latter has happened to me and I could prove it, but they aren't interested and hence just refunded them. Not saying you should at all though.
It's a nice upgrade, but as said I'd be looking at 6 cores minimum personally.

Soldato
ok, but i was asking what are the opinions on performance difference between my current cpu and this, not, should i keep it haha

Well its generally agreed that theres not been much improvement in overall performance between your old 2600k Overclocked and the 7700k, yes there is some performance increase but not a huge gain, some would even say its a partial side grade. What people are basically saying is if your say on a 4/8 i7, the only real upgrade is to go to a 6/12 i7 or higher.

Personally i think you wasted your money, sorry :(

Soldato
Well its generally agreed that theres not been much improvement in overall performance between your old 2600k Overclocked and the 7700k, yes there is some performance increase but not a huge gain, some would even say its a partial side grade. What people are basically saying is if your say on a 4/8 i7, the only real upgrade is to go to a 6/12 i7 or higher.

Personally i think you wasted your money, sorry :(
I'd actually disagree. The difference is noticeable if he also overclock the 7700k. A good 10% iirc. That said, I would have saved up a bit longer and gone for an 8700k myself. Further to that, however, the biggest chunk of cash you part with these days is ddr4, which he at least has 8gb of, so maybe that'll take the sting out of his next upgrade (assuming ddr5 hasn't hit shelves by then).

Back
Top Bottom