• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gigabyte RMA refused

Associate
OP
My replacement card arrived today. Talk about a fast turn around! Testing it now will let you all know how it goes.

Should I make a follow up thread about my experience, or keep it all in this thread?

You have no idea how happy I am - Thank you once again GIGA-Man and the Gigabyte RMA team. :)

G J

G J

Associate
Intresting thread this as I had a Gigabyte motherboard years ago that was plagued with a constant cold boot issues wether overclocked or stock and the retailer and Gigabyte refused to do anything about it though it was in warrenty. Now we have people in this thread having things replaced of items that are out of warrenty dont even have the original invoice.

Alright for some I guess...

Last edited:
Caporegime
Alright for some I guess...

We didn't have a Gigabyte rep back then. @GIGA-Man has gone out of his way for a few on here now, it's great to have him on the board!! I'm an Asus fan when it comes to motherboards, but my next is gonna be Gigabyte when I update to Ice Lake in a few months! Just because of this excellent support we're getting now.

I did have an Aorus Ti and it was a fantastic card, but I got offered a swap for an MSI Hybrid for my card and some extra £££ otherwise I'd already have a Gigabyte cards in my system!! Have recommended them to a few friends though and they all have 1080's and Ti Gigabyte cards now and couldn't be happier :cool:

Associate
Yea...fingers-cross that they might still have some old 780Ti stock sitting somewhere forgotten in the dark corner of their warehouse, that they might be willing to replace your faulty card.
Well, they've just emailed to say they'll be replacing it with a GTX 970 - even though my card was over a year out of warranty... fantastic support from Gigabyte!!

Soldato
Giga Man sorted me right out when I had a weird board problem.

Got a v1.1 to replace my 1.0.

Without him I think I may have struggled.

Associate
OP
Sorry for the lack of activity, been really busy.

I haven't really had a chance to use the replacement GIGA-Man helped me out with, so can't comment on how it's running, but Furmark passed with flying colours!

One thing about the card I have noticed is the PCB is rather sticky, looks a bit like flux, perhaps the Card was reflowed? If so what would be the best way to clean it off? isopropyl alcohol?

Associate
OP
Great news for the guys that got replacement Cards! Really is a testament to the reps on here!

As we all know GPU's are expensive, I love the fact that Gigabtyte give their customers a fair shake at resolving issues. This is the first Gigabyte Product of mine that's died, that's why I keep buying from them.

Soldato
Care to elaborate why? I only ran it for 15 minutes. Didn't have time to install Unigine Heaven. Will do a run with that today.

I can’t remember exact reasons but I have read this many times.

It’s basically a non realistic test brutal virus.

Use unigine valley or Aida64

Associate
I ha
My replacement card arrived today. Talk about a fast turn around! Testing it now will let you all know how it goes.

Should I make a follow up thread about my experience, or keep it all in this thread?

You have no idea how happy I am - Thank you once again GIGA-Man and the Gigabyte RMA team. :)
Hi, new here, I have a 980ti extreme that the led's that are supposed to illuminate the 3 fans,have died, the card was purchased less than 3 yrs ago, so still in warranty , i'm considering RMA ing it I have the invoice from overclockers, to save me removing the GPU will the SN be on the original box ? As i still have that, and also what happens if it can't be repaired ,do they replace with refurbished units, and what happens if they don't have the exact same GPU in stock, will they offer a deal on a 1080ti as a replacement?

Last edited:
Associate
Hi Dave054,

Okay you can send the card back to us if you like, we will try and repair or replace with the same model or one higher but will check with you first. The serial number will be on the original box yes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom