Returning PC gamer

Associate
Hi All,

I have been away from gaming of all types for a very long time. Looking at getting back into it. I have downloaded steam, origin and uplay. Just wondered what everyone if playing these days.

Soldato
How long are you talking? Stopped at PS3, PS2 or Commodore days?

Steam:

Spintires Mudrunner, GTA V with mods, Binding of Isaac, Trove (because it's fun IMO and free) Rfactor 1 with umpteen mods. are the main ones.

What genre do you like?

Uplay: The Division, STEEP, Far Cry 4, AC Black Flag, Unity, Origins.

Origin: NFS Payback Deluxe, and The Saboteur mainly.

Last edited:
Soldato
Driving: Project Cars, Assetto Corsa, Rfactor (There are older Simbin titles such as GT Legends, Race 07 that often go on bundle sales)

Shooters, The Division, Metro Redux, Far Cry.

Destiny 2 at a push..? *holds up flame shield*

Associate
for online shooters I would say.. team fortress 2,rising storm 2 Vietnam,squad, and insurgency on steam

starwars battlefront 2 on origin ( a lot of people play battlefield 1 but I think its poop, better off playing battlefield 4)

Associate
OP
I have been playing team fortress 2. Fun little game will plenty of players. Also got the demo of trails fusion which I might purchase as a fun motocross game from uplay.

Soldato
Firstly it would be a good idea to sign up to Origin Access. For £3.99 a month you get access to a lot of games and given your gap you likely won't have played any of them. And we're talking some really top games too; Star Wars Battlefront, Titanfall 1 & 2, all the Mass Effect games, Dead Space games, Battlefield. Amazing value and complete no brainer in your situation.

If you like a good single player campaign the following list are all great shooters:

Bioshock 1, 2 & Infinite
F.E.A.R
Singularity
Metro Redux
DOOM
All the new Wolfenstien games; Old Blood, New Order and The New Colossus.

Associate
If you want driving on the cheap, check out GRID. The first 1 and the 2nd are a nice middle ground between the 'arcadey' easy but fun feel (ridge racer) and the 'simulation' hard but rewarding feel (Forza / Project Cars)

IC3

IC3

Soldato
If you want driving on the cheap, check out GRID. The first 1 and the 2nd are a nice middle ground between the 'arcadey' easy but fun feel (ridge racer) and the 'simulation' hard but rewarding feel (Forza / Project Cars)
Forza is an arcade... Assetto corsa with proper settings is very rewarding, my mate who plays forza and can drift well couldn't do one corner in AC on either controller or wheel.

Soldato
Grid 2 is the only modern (car) racing game I spent a lot of time with. I just don't want to slow down for corners and want to drift round them all - Grid 2 let's me do that.

Redout is worth checking out too. It's like Wipeout with amazing speeds and some awesome tracks.

Caporegime
Driving - Forza Horizon 3
Shooter - Too many to mention, Wolfenstein 2 is worth a look for a recent release
Sports - Can't help here, don't play sports games

Back
Top Bottom